Thread: HRPC Cub Shoot and 60 point Challenge 22 July Results

HRPC Cub Shoot and 60 point Challenge 22 July Results

First of all my apologies for the later posting of the scores. Unfortunately Sunday afternoon was a family event and Monday I had to travel for work.

That was a deceptively difficult course today as is reflected by the scores. I've been working on some scientific bull..... humidity affecting trajectory. pellets expanding in the heat etc. But at the end of the day it was just plain tricky. Lots of range traps, shots off the peg, a good sprinkling of droughts all round and a hot sweaty shoot made it a real challenge but hopefully one we all enjoyed. Please note that all threats to the course setter were in JEST, I hope.

Nick Farley was top shot on the day with a 52, cracking shooting there, especial with us all watching and taking the Michal for his last two pegs. Special mention goes to Max Belcher, junior, first time out at HFT and I am tod he was calling all of the ranges as good as one of our most experienced shots. Cracking shooting Max and nice to see three generations of the same family on course together.
    As always every target was killed on the day (average Kill percentage 72, highest 93, and lowest peg 18 at 30 fiendish unsupported stander). Any way the full scores are:

Nick Farley 52
    Steve West 51
    Jon Newton May 50
    Peter Fenn 50
    Simon Humphries 50
    Terry Evans 49
    Kevin Wickson 46
    Adam Smith 45
    Gary Channing 44
    Colin Muggeridge 43
    John Goldthorpe 38
    Ian King 36
    Max Belcher 33
    Neil Belcher 33
    Graham Sutton 28

Nobody cleared the course so the sixty point challenge will roll over to our next shoot and start at £117

Cheers

Terry
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

Shame

It sounds like I missed a good 'un, have to say the few shoots I have attended at HRPC have been most enjoyable, even though they were were winter affairs and somewhat boggy

Like lots of other local HFT shooters I like the Sussex league events but between these attend several of the local club events.

Its a real shame this last HRPC event and from memory some others, have clashed with the other Horsham club HFT events as I also enjoy shooting those too....it would be nice to shoot both courses

As well as being nice for the local shooters to have more choice I am sure it would also lead to better attendance at both, which has to be good for the clubs.

Just a thought, and it may be site conditions and/or calendar commitments don't allow it...but it would be nice if at all possible
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Shame

The issue we have is that although we have exclusive use of the course and that part of the site the calendar is worked out at the end of the previous year so we don't conflict with other major events. For example earlier this year we were double booked with a major airsoft event in error. I had kittens when I turned up to pull strings and saw that the car park was rammed. We managed to sort it out so we could still run the shoot but anybody who was there on the day can tell you the problems it caused. Like wise this year we can only hold 18 shoots as we have to fit in around Tough Mudders, UKvUS Paintball, the airsoft masters etc.

We love to have people come and shoot the course and try to make everybody welcome, hence the fact that we say guests welcome at all our shoots. That gives people the best opportunity to have a shot at our course and still attend any other event they want to if there's a conflict. Its unfortunate the clubs are so close together and the calendar means that occasionally events the Hawks are running conflict tithe our regular weekend shoots but there's not a lot we can do about that.

Cheers

Terry

Thumbs up Great Fun - Shoot

Yes was a great mornings fun!

Thanks Terry and the HRPC crew.

Till next time
    Cheers EDBOC

Buxted HFT

Personally love the 9am start also - please don’t change that
    Cheers EDBOC

Buxted HFT

HRPC is an amazing place to shoot HFT. Personally I get a real buzz driving towards HRPC for a shoot in the morning, you really don't know what awaits you, it's familiar but different every time. 95% UKAHFT and 5% Hmmmm?
    Truly unique, well done guys, especially Terry.
    I'm sorry I didn't make I wasnt unaware it was on, to be honest I'm a huge fan of both Horsham clubs.
    Bob

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gisaname View Post
    The issue we have is that although we have exclusive use of the course and that part of the site the calendar is worked out at the end of the previous year so we don't conflict with other major events. For example earlier this year we were double booked with a major airsoft event in error. I had kittens when I turned up to pull strings and saw that the car park was rammed. We managed to sort it out so we could still run the shoot but anybody who was there on the day can tell you the problems it caused. Like wise this year we can only hold 18 shoots as we have to fit in around Tough Mudders, UKvUS Paintball, the airsoft masters etc.

We love to have people come and shoot the course and try to make everybody welcome, hence the fact that we say guests welcome at all our shoots. That gives people the best opportunity to have a shot at our course and still attend any other event they want to if there's a conflict. Its unfortunate the clubs are so close together and the calendar means that occasionally events the Hawks are running conflict tithe our regular weekend shoots but there's not a lot we can do about that.

Cheers

Terry
    Thanks for the response Terry, I thought there may be site condition issues, its a shame.

I will just have to keep monitoring the notifications on here and hope the clashes are by chance minimised.

Like Bob says I too like that bit of mmmmmmm, what the is that target all about

Hope to shoot with you lot again soon.

Cheers mate.
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Happy to oblige

thanks to everybody for the positive comments, it helps make it worthwhile.

Its not just down to me (although I get the credit lol), Rob set most of the course and everyone else does what they can.

Cheers

Terry