Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2018, Autumn/Winter Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello to All,

Due to my current health issues, I used an SSP (FWB 602) for the first time in the MPL - I usually use a recoiling springer, and mostly of new make : HW99S, HW95 SuperMatch, HW30S, Diana 35, TX200.

I really enjoy using these recoiling springers in the MPL - I feel it is in keeping with the spirit of the event - others probably think I am a dozy old fart for doing so

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

Scores updated Sunday, 20181125.

In a very impressive flurry of shooting, our newest shooter Sunbeam has shot all his cards, save for December, and all with fine scores

Well done Sunbeam !!

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

Scores updated Saturday, 20181201.

Sunbeam has shot all his riflecards for the Autimn/Winter series, and has now started on Supported Pistol - wow

We also welcome the first scores from Ms. Sunbeam - well done

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

I think Sunbeam must be enjoying the MPL as he has just entered the SARS competition too!

Good to have your support Rob
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Hello to All,

Due to my current health issues, I used an SSP (FWB 602) for the first time in the MPL - I usually use a recoiling springer, and mostly of new make : HW99S, HW95 SuperMatch, HW30S, Diana 35, TX200.

I really enjoy using these recoiling springers in the MPL - I feel it is in keeping with the spirit of the event - others probably think I am a dozy old fart for doing so

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    I agree with you!

Shooting a "kicker" (a recoiling spring powered air rifle or pistol) is entirely in keeping with the spirit of the MPL, but being able to also exercise our SSP and recoilless springers from time to time is a real bonus.

The new Supported Shooting events are best shot with a recoilless air pistol or rifle and so we have included the PCP and CO2 powered airguns in these categories too so we now have classes that can encourage anyone to shoot targets at the traditional British 6 yard distance - whatever target airguns they own

Hope your feeling better soon Russ !

Bob.

Hello to All,

Scores updated Saturday, 20181208.

Sunbeam has now shot all his cards for Supported Pistol - probably the fastest ever completion of both rifle and pistol events

A big well done to Ms. Sunbeam for superb shooting in the Rested Rifle

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Last edited by PhatMan; 09-12-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Hello to All,

Scores updated Sunday, 20181209.

Ms. Sunbeam has now shot all her cards for Supported Pistol as well

Ms. Sunbeam & Sunbeam definitely win the fastest card shooting ever seen in the MPL

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Hello to All,

Scores updated Sunday, 20181209.

Ms. Sunbeam has now shot all her cards for Supported Pistol as well

Ms. Sunbeam & Sunbeam definitely win the fastest card shooting ever seen in the MPL

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    Not only that Russ - Sunbeam has also just sent in a late entry for the Supported Air Rifle Competition too!

Its great to know that Rob is enjoying the MPL competition - and we are pleased to have his support.

Bob.

Hello to All,

Scores updated Sunday, 20181216.

I think Sunbeam must have shredded wheat for breakfast, as he has now finished the Supported Rifle cards (with a most excellent score) !!

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

I have just completed all of my MPL rifle and SAR targets for this current MPL season.

I used my faithful FWB red alloy P70 for the Supported Air Rifle competition and it performed flawlessly (as usual) and was even able to help this old pensioner knock up a good score to finish the season with.

To be honest when I have used my blue/green/red laminated P70 in the same competition it has been every bit as good - these P70 rifles have the perfect ergonomics for SAR shooting and have impressed everyone who has shot them at the club.

After I finished shooting my MPL rifle targets I decided to give my HW 99S a trial on the Supported Air Rifle stand just to see how a kicker would work when balanced on the hard 50mm diameter bar - and I was pleasantly surprised.

As long as the rifle fore stock was not actually "held" firmly but allowed to 'float" after the trigger was released it really worked surprisingly well!. The two best achieved scores were a 46 and a 47 - not at all bad in a discipline that we all regard as being the exclusive domain of the recoilless match rifle!.

Naturally I had a fair few disappointments too - especially as I was working-out the best way to hold the supported "kicker" (or "not" to hold it as it turned-out!) but after some practice this little springer really began to earn itself some serious respect from me and made me think that including "kickers" in this supported shooting competition could be a realistic possibility.

If we get enough interest it would be really good to include the spring powered "kickers" in this SAR class - and if they had a points premium (per card) added to their scores they could compete well against their more expensive recoilless rivals making this new shooting class even more interesting!
    Last edited by zooma; 23-12-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: suggested point premium not shown