Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2018, Autumn/Winter Series

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

For the first time, I think, I have used a non-springer rifle

I cannot see why the HW30S could not be fitted into another stock - all that would be needed would be some semi-circular spacer pieces fitted into the new stock, front and rear, and a block to allow the front mount to work.

For a very cruel solution, the action could be glued in place - like my Diana 35 !!!

Food for thought and experiment

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    If I can find an HW98 stock I think I will "bite the bullet" and give it a serious try!......but I am not too hopeful about finding one of these as I have not seen any advertised.

One of the other HW break barrel stocks would probably work just as well, but would not have the elegant adjustable cheek piece that I would like to have - but it would give me the extra length that I think would help the rifle fit me better.

Cutting the stock and fitting a spacer would also work - buy it may not look as nice!

The HW30S action is quite small so I am expecting to have some space to fill around it when I drop it into a stock that was designed for a bigger action. Your idea regarding the spacers etc would have to be used - but I may also try bedding the action in - if possible!

The full bore lads often bed their actions into other stocks ( the Walther laminated Anatomic stock is very popular) so I would like to find out what sort of filler paste they use to do this with . If it can survive the recoil of a full bore rifle, it should be OK on a break barrel air rifle!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Just shot the September cards with the 80k & it's new front sight & peep sight courtesy of Bob, not great scores but they didn't make me cry either !

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Just shot the September cards with the 80k & it's new front sight & peep sight courtesy of Bob, not great scores but they didn't make me cry either !
    Hi Rob,

Well done!

Can you send me some pictures of your HW80 with the dovetails please? I am guessing you had to remove the muzzle weight/silencer and replace it with something a bit more solid that could have the dovetails cut into, as the walls of the HW muzzle weight may be a bit too thin to cut them into?

Sounds like an idea I may be able to use on something else that I have in mind

We shot our October Supported Air Rifle targets last night - I forgot that I was already a month ahead - I had been trying to make some space to shoot my HW30S to catch-up with the MPL air rifle competition as I have only shot the July round to date (!)

Stay in touch!

Bob.

Hello to All,

Scores updated Sunday, 20181014.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

Scores updated Sunday, 20181028.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for the update Russ - good job!

Where are the results ?

Found them ! my bad sorry

Hello to All,

Many apologies for the delay

Scores updated Saturday, 20181110.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for the update Russ.

We have got another 7 weeks to shoot our remaining targets to complete this series (ends on the last day in December), and for any new entrants - 7 weeks to shoot the series of 36 targets per entry - not exactly a huge demanding task - but a hugely enjoyable one and a great opportunity to exercise that classic airgun !
    Last edited by zooma; 11-11-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Just shot Decembers cards

Hello to All,

Scores updated Saturday, 20181117.

A big welcome to our newest shooter Sunbeam, who has got off to a most excellent start : a score of 270 on his first set of rifle cards, shot with an FWB300SU

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Hi Russ,

Thanks for updating the scores for us !

Its nice to see that we have had three new entries for the MPL recently (including one this morning) - so it is NEVER too late to enter!

As long as you are happy to complete your 36 targets in 6 blocks of six scores before the end of December this year, you can bung us your tenner and enter at any time

Lets hope this is the start of the MPL revival - it would be great to see it being supported by more shooters - it is a good competition that is so easy to take part in either at home, in the garden, cellar, loft, garage, landing, hallway, kitchen etc etc - or even at you local club (if you have one).

As i am rained off today, i printed the 6yd pistol target off & had a go at that, think i will need a bit more practice, but will shoot that league as well next year

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    As i am rained off today, i printed the 6yd pistol target off & had a go at that, think i will need a bit more practice, but will shoot that league as well next year
    Nice one Rob

It is great to see some good scores being recorded in the MPL Rifle competition with the recoilless match rifles, and it is just as interesting to see how well some of the rifle shooters are doing with a basic "kicker" type springer air rifle too.

When I first started the MPL we had a lot more competitors taking part and as they progressed and took up target shooting with more expensive PCP match pistols and rifles they moved on to more "serious" 10 meter competitions - but never forgot that it was the MPL that got them started.

Some are seriously considering returning to shoot in the MPL 6 yards competition with non PCP air pistol and rifle to see if they can still do it!

Many have been given a serious "reality check" when having a secret 6 yard plink and have found it really difficult to score as well at 6 yards with a springer (or an SSP) as they can with their PCP match weapons at 10 meters!

Some have reminded me that I also had a rule back in those early days that anyone shooting with a "kicker" ( thats a spring powered air pistol or rifle that is NOT recoilless) was given initially a +3 points per card "bonus".

This rapidly evened-up the scores between the less expensive (and rather more basic) "kickers" against the more expensive (and more refined) recoilless springers and SSP rivals, so much so that many changed back to using a kicker as despite being unquestionably more difficult to shoot good target scores with, the +3 point bonus per card became a winning combination.

In the following season I lowered the bonus for those using "kickers" to +2 points per card and this seemed to even things up much more - so if you are shooting with a basic air pistol or air rifle and would like to see how you could be scoring if you had a recoilless equivalent - try adding 2 points per card to your current scores and it will give you some idea.

If you like this idea to have of having the +2 point bonus included again for "kickers" in the next season's MPL postal competition - have your say here - and let us know your thoughts!
    Last edited by zooma; 23-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.