Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
Bob,

For the first time, I think, I have used a non-springer rifle

I cannot see why the HW30S could not be fitted into another stock - all that would be needed would be some semi-circular spacer pieces fitted into the new stock, front and rear, and a block to allow the front mount to work.

For a very cruel solution, the action could be glued in place - like my Diana 35 !!!

Food for thought and experiment

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
If I can find an HW98 stock I think I will "bite the bullet" and give it a serious try!......but I am not too hopeful about finding one of these as I have not seen any advertised.

One of the other HW break barrel stocks would probably work just as well, but would not have the elegant adjustable cheek piece that I would like to have - but it would give me the extra length that I think would help the rifle fit me better.

Cutting the stock and fitting a spacer would also work - buy it may not look as nice!

The HW30S action is quite small so I am expecting to have some space to fill around it when I drop it into a stock that was designed for a bigger action. Your idea regarding the spacers etc would have to be used - but I may also try bedding the action in - if possible!

The full bore lads often bed their actions into other stocks ( the Walther laminated Anatomic stock is very popular) so I would like to find out what sort of filler paste they use to do this with . If it can survive the recoil of a full bore rifle, it should be OK on a break barrel air rifle!