Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2018, Autumn/Winter Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice to see you rotating your MPL rifle collection Russ - they all need some exercise now and again - and the MPL is a great excuse to shoot them all !

I should follow your lead and dust the cobwebs off of some of my "hidden treasures" and see how I get on with them - but have enjoyed shooting the HW30S even though it is a bit too small for me and does nothing to help my damaged neck to feel comfortable!

My HW30S is such a lovely shooting little rifle, and my example is as smooth as silk with a lovely trigger - I wonder if I can find a larger size stock to fit it into?

Has anyone tried to fit the HW30S mech into a different stock ? - it would be perfect in an HW98 stock with the adjustable cheek peice
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Bob,

For the first time, I think, I have used a non-springer rifle

I cannot see why the HW30S could not be fitted into another stock - all that would be needed would be some semi-circular spacer pieces fitted into the new stock, front and rear, and a block to allow the front mount to work.

For a very cruel solution, the action could be glued in place - like my Diana 35 !!!

Food for thought and experiment

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

For the first time, I think, I have used a non-springer rifle

I cannot see why the HW30S could not be fitted into another stock - all that would be needed would be some semi-circular spacer pieces fitted into the new stock, front and rear, and a block to allow the front mount to work.

For a very cruel solution, the action could be glued in place - like my Diana 35 !!!

Food for thought and experiment

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    If I can find an HW98 stock I think I will "bite the bullet" and give it a serious try!......but I am not too hopeful about finding one of these as I have not seen any advertised.

One of the other HW break barrel stocks would probably work just as well, but would not have the elegant adjustable cheek piece that I would like to have - but it would give me the extra length that I think would help the rifle fit me better.

Cutting the stock and fitting a spacer would also work - buy it may not look as nice!

The HW30S action is quite small so I am expecting to have some space to fill around it when I drop it into a stock that was designed for a bigger action. Your idea regarding the spacers etc would have to be used - but I may also try bedding the action in - if possible!

The full bore lads often bed their actions into other stocks ( the Walther laminated Anatomic stock is very popular) so I would like to find out what sort of filler paste they use to do this with . If it can survive the recoil of a full bore rifle, it should be OK on a break barrel air rifle!

Just shot the September cards with the 80k & it's new front sight & peep sight courtesy of Bob, not great scores but they didn't make me cry either !

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Just shot the September cards with the 80k & it's new front sight & peep sight courtesy of Bob, not great scores but they didn't make me cry either !
    Hi Rob,

Well done!

Can you send me some pictures of your HW80 with the dovetails please? I am guessing you had to remove the muzzle weight/silencer and replace it with something a bit more solid that could have the dovetails cut into, as the walls of the HW muzzle weight may be a bit too thin to cut them into?

Sounds like an idea I may be able to use on something else that I have in mind

We shot our October Supported Air Rifle targets last night - I forgot that I was already a month ahead - I had been trying to make some space to shoot my HW30S to catch-up with the MPL air rifle competition as I have only shot the July round to date (!)

Stay in touch!

Bob.