Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2018, Autumn/Winter Series

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for updating the MPL scores for us Russ - I have just sent you another result to add to these as SoftTop shot his SARS targets for August last night

It is nice to see some more entries coming in, but it is a bit "slower" this season so I hope that things begin to pick-up as people remember that they can join in and shoot in the MPL competition at any time - and they still get to shoot all 6 rounds - even if they do not start until the last week in December

I am sorry that your bad back is keeping you off of the score sheets Russ, I also suffer from back problems but have found the Supported Air Rifle Shooting to be one of the few things I can compete in and still be competitive with my more able and fitter colleagues.

The Supported Air Pistol Competition looks like it could be another competition where those of us with "aches and pains" can compete on a level playing field and we are hoping to be able to get this new competition promoted and working well too.

The problem with the Supported Air Pistol Competition is that we have all found it EASIER to shoot free-standing! This tends to put people off as they think that being supported on a hard 50mm bar is going to be a push-over, and when they find it is NOT so easy they tend to hide away and just say that it is "too easy".

Resting an air pistol on the base of its grip on a hard (slippery) 50mm dia bar it not as easy as it may first appear and it certainly makes you appreciate just how well the human body works as a shock absorber !!!!

What it does do is - SUPPORT the weight of the pistol as it forms a tangent with the hard 50mm bar- but it does you no other favours at all! Aiming and trigger control remain the same and without the help of your body to absorb the shock the follow-through becomes even more important.

This is not like shooting from a sand bag or any other nice soft cushioned rest and should not be confused in any way with "Rested" target shooting.

SUPPORTING an air rifle or an air pistol on a hard 50mm (maximum) diameter bar is a real challenge and can be strongly recommended as it is so cheap and easy to set up and will become another discipline that is worthy of being included in any competition and it can be shot just as well at 6 yards or 10 meters.
    Last edited by zooma; 31-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.