Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2018, Autumn/Winter Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Hi all,
    Where can i find more information on the disciplines mentioned, MPL, supported pistol/rifle etc.

Regards,

Rob
    Hi Rob,

I have given the MPL rules a "bump" so they are now closer to the top of the "reading list" here for you (and others that have shown an interest recently) to see.

What they may not state clearly, is that you can enter the MPL at any stage of the current series, and you can shoot your monthly targets ( x6 per month) whenever you feel like it -as long as they are all shot before the competition ends. There are two series shot every year, January - June, and July - December.

You would be most welcome to join us as we are hoping to increase the entries and try to re-establish the popularity this series has previously enjoyed!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Many thanks
    No problem Rob,

I dug my HW30S out tonight , paid my entry fee, and shot my first round (July) tonight.

The HW30S is a lovely rifle to shoot - easy to cock and super smooth to shoot.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hello to All,

Scores updated Wednesday, 20180912.

+1 on the HW30S - it seems tailor-made for the MPL

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Shot my first 2 practice cards tonight, scored a 32 on both, so i hope to see an improvement !

Shot using the 30 with falcon domed pellets.

Rob

Rob,

From my (and many other chappies I have known) experiences - a very rough rule of thumb :

After a hestitant start, the initial improvement is rapid to ca. 80 - 85 %.

Improvement to ca. 85 - 90 % is slower, but steady.

Improvement from 90 % on is a slog, and much dedication and practice is needed - put in the effort, and you will be rewarded

There is an empirical rule that applies to many things on how long it takes to be very good indeed - 10,000 hours seems to be the magic number.

So, after 10,000 hours of useful practice, you should be very good indeed

There is a chappie here on 'BBS (Mr. Robin Carter), and he is a font of wisdom WRT target shooting & coaching shooting sports. His wife is an exceptionally talented shooter, who has represented Great Britain internationally.

I highly recommend you buy his most excellent book 'Air Rifle Target Shooting', available here :

https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/products/...arget-shooting

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

I've a long way to go yet then