Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2018, Autumn/Winter Series

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have just completed all of my MPL rifle and SAR targets for this current MPL season.

I used my faithful FWB red alloy P70 for the Supported Air Rifle competition and it performed flawlessly (as usual) and was even able to help this old pensioner knock up a good score to finish the season with.

To be honest when I have used my blue/green/red laminated P70 in the same competition it has been every bit as good - these P70 rifles have the perfect ergonomics for SAR shooting and have impressed everyone who has shot them at the club.

After I finished shooting my MPL rifle targets I decided to give my HW 99S a trial on the Supported Air Rifle stand just to see how a kicker would work when balanced on the hard 50mm diameter bar - and I was pleasantly surprised.

As long as the rifle fore stock was not actually "held" firmly but allowed to 'float" after the trigger was released it really worked surprisingly well!. The two best achieved scores were a 46 and a 47 - not at all bad in a discipline that we all regard as being the exclusive domain of the recoilless match rifle!.

Naturally I had a fair few disappointments too - especially as I was working-out the best way to hold the supported "kicker" (or "not" to hold it as it turned-out!) but after some practice this little springer really began to earn itself some serious respect from me and made me think that including "kickers" in this supported shooting competition could be a realistic possibility.

If we get enough interest it would be really good to include the spring powered "kickers" in this SAR class - and if they had a points premium (per card) added to their scores they could compete well against their more expensive recoilless rivals making this new shooting class even more interesting!
    Last edited by zooma; 23-12-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: suggested point premium not shown
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.