Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2018, Autumn/Winter Series

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Well, i have sold the 30, it just wasn't for me, so i need to replace it, tried to find a 177 barrel with open sights for my 80 but have had no joy, so it is going off to have the moderator dove tailed to take a front sight, so what do i do in between time ..?..

I have the above 80, & a 77 in 177, but the 80 doesn't have open sights, the 77 is set up with a scope, so can i use a 22 in between time ?, i have an old 77 in 22 that doesn't have a scope, & i have just fitted a Beeman peep sight(thanks zooma) on it, so can i use it for Septembers cards ?

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Sorry the HW30 was not for you, but I am pleased that the Beeman peep sight that I sent you has finally turned up in the post ("first class signed for") and hope that you can find a suitable .177 rifle to slide it onto so you can use it in the MPL.

We did run a .22 air pistol class some years ago (I still have the grey plastic grip Model 5 I won it with!) but due to the lack of support or interest in target shooting with a .22 air pistol it only lasted for one season.

We have never run a competition for .22 air rifles, but if there is enough support for it we are aways willing to listen

At the moment the MPL is only for .177 calibre airguns - mainly because it is the only recognised calibre to be used world-wide for target shooting with an airgun, but also because we all make holes of the same size - and so it is easy to make comparative scores - which is the basis of the competition.

Why not slide that scope off of your .177 HW77 for a while and use that until something else turns-up? - or you until get the dovetail cut in your .177 HW80 ?

As a matter of interest I have a lovely .177 HW95 (virtually as new and hardly ever shot) that I would love to use in the MPL but it has no dovetail in the barrel or the barrel sleeve so I cannot fit a front sight. Russ (PhatMan) has an HW95 Super Match (lucky sod) that comes with a front sight already fitted, and the picture of his has inspired me to make the effort to convert mine to take a front sight as I like the shape of the stock and the adjustable cheekpiece.

What I don't like about the HW95 is the effort needed to break the barrel every time it needs reloading - it really is harder than it needs to be, so once I find a way of cutting a dovetail into either the barrel itself or the sleeve I will de-tune it to make it more suitable for target shooting (it is way too powerful at the moment!), and also take a look at the barrel latch to see if it can be "softened" without losing the security of the barrel lock (to maintain accuracy).

With that done it would make a superb HW target springer !

If anyone knows who can accurately cut a dovetail into my HW95 barrel to take front sight - please let me know. An alternative would be to find a spare HW95 Super Match barrel, but as this model is not imported into the UK by the official importer, I am guessing that finding a spare Super Match barrel wont be too easy?

Another solution would be to buy an HW95 Super Target - anybody selling one?
    Last edited by zooma; 22-09-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.