Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2018, Autumn/Winter Series

Hello to All,

Scores updated Thursday, 20180920.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thanks Russ,

Nice to see another entry in the 6 yard MPL rifle competition - and with a nice classic recoilless match rifle too! Very nice!

Lets hope we get a few more - and in the air pistol and supported competitions too!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Bob,

+1

The MPL is looking much better now that more chappies have entered

Have fun & a good weekend

Bets regards

Russ

Once I have got the hang of my FWB 65 again after a break, I will be sending some scores in!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Modski66,

The FWB65 - a fine pistol for use in the MPL

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Well, i have sold the 30, it just wasn't for me, so i need to replace it, tried to find a 177 barrel with open sights for my 80 but have had no joy, so it is going off to have the moderator dove tailed to take a front sight, so what do i do in between time ..?..

I have the above 80, & a 77 in 177, but the 80 doesn't have open sights, the 77 is set up with a scope, so can i use a 22 in between time ?, i have an old 77 in 22 that doesn't have a scope, & i have just fitted a Beeman peep sight(thanks zooma) on it, so can i use it for Septembers cards ?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Well, i have sold the 30, it just wasn't for me, so i need to replace it, tried to find a 177 barrel with open sights for my 80 but have had no joy, so it is going off to have the moderator dove tailed to take a front sight, so what do i do in between time ..?..

I have the above 80, & a 77 in 177, but the 80 doesn't have open sights, the 77 is set up with a scope, so can i use a 22 in between time ?, i have an old 77 in 22 that doesn't have a scope, & i have just fitted a Beeman peep sight(thanks zooma) on it, so can i use it for Septembers cards ?

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Sorry the HW30 was not for you, but I am pleased that the Beeman peep sight that I sent you has finally turned up in the post ("first class signed for") and hope that you can find a suitable .177 rifle to slide it onto so you can use it in the MPL.

We did run a .22 air pistol class some years ago (I still have the grey plastic grip Model 5 I won it with!) but due to the lack of support or interest in target shooting with a .22 air pistol it only lasted for one season.

We have never run a competition for .22 air rifles, but if there is enough support for it we are aways willing to listen

At the moment the MPL is only for .177 calibre airguns - mainly because it is the only recognised calibre to be used world-wide for target shooting with an airgun, but also because we all make holes of the same size - and so it is easy to make comparative scores - which is the basis of the competition.

Why not slide that scope off of your .177 HW77 for a while and use that until something else turns-up? - or you until get the dovetail cut in your .177 HW80 ?

As a matter of interest I have a lovely .177 HW95 (virtually as new and hardly ever shot) that I would love to use in the MPL but it has no dovetail in the barrel or the barrel sleeve so I cannot fit a front sight. Russ (PhatMan) has an HW95 Super Match (lucky sod) that comes with a front sight already fitted, and the picture of his has inspired me to make the effort to convert mine to take a front sight as I like the shape of the stock and the adjustable cheekpiece.

What I don't like about the HW95 is the effort needed to break the barrel every time it needs reloading - it really is harder than it needs to be, so once I find a way of cutting a dovetail into either the barrel itself or the sleeve I will de-tune it to make it more suitable for target shooting (it is way too powerful at the moment!), and also take a look at the barrel latch to see if it can be "softened" without losing the security of the barrel lock (to maintain accuracy).

With that done it would make a superb HW target springer !

If anyone knows who can accurately cut a dovetail into my HW95 barrel to take front sight - please let me know. An alternative would be to find a spare HW95 Super Match barrel, but as this model is not imported into the UK by the official importer, I am guessing that finding a spare Super Match barrel wont be too easy?

Another solution would be to buy an HW95 Super Target - anybody selling one?
    Last edited by zooma; 22-09-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for the reply, mine is going off to Geoff Bullock at Liquid steel design, he is a gunsmith at Preston, who turns out some excellent work, he built my .25 80, & he will dove tail the 177 80 for me,, so could be worth you getting in touch as he's not that far from you.

Rob

Rob,

Please let us know how the '80 gets on with it's dove-tailing.

With the HW77, you can remove the existing fore-sght post assembly, and use a standard HW sight tunnel on them - the HW77s are fitted with the standard HW dove-tail grooves at the muzzle.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

Scores updated Sunday, 20180923.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Hi Bob,

Many thanks for the reply, mine is going off to Geoff Bullock at Liquid steel design, he is a gunsmith at Preston, who turns out some excellent work, he built my .25 80, & he will dove tail the 177 80 for me,, so could be worth you getting in touch as he's not that far from you.

Rob
    Thanks for that Rob,

I will contact Geoff and find out if he is happy to cut the dovetails for me in the sleeve of my HW - once I have worked out how to remove it

The larger diameter of the sleeve should allow the dovetails to be cut to a larger width (such as that used on my Walther match rifles), and this in turn would allow me to use my existing raiser blocks and front sights etc.

Meanwhile, I think I will dust off my HW55T as I have not shot it at all this year and it must be in need of some exercise!

Hello to All,

Scores updated Tuesday, 20180925.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

Scores updated Sunday, 20181007.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Nice to see you rotating your MPL rifle collection Russ - they all need some exercise now and again - and the MPL is a great excuse to shoot them all !

I should follow your lead and dust the cobwebs off of some of my "hidden treasures" and see how I get on with them - but have enjoyed shooting the HW30S even though it is a bit too small for me and does nothing to help my damaged neck to feel comfortable!

My HW30S is such a lovely shooting little rifle, and my example is as smooth as silk with a lovely trigger - I wonder if I can find a larger size stock to fit it into?

Has anyone tried to fit the HW30S mech into a different stock ? - it would be perfect in an HW98 stock with the adjustable cheek peice

Bob,

For the first time, I think, I have used a non-springer rifle

I cannot see why the HW30S could not be fitted into another stock - all that would be needed would be some semi-circular spacer pieces fitted into the new stock, front and rear, and a block to allow the front mount to work.

For a very cruel solution, the action could be glued in place - like my Diana 35 !!!

Food for thought and experiment

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ