Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight FAC Rifle

Lightweight FAC Rifle

Hi all can anyone recommend a lightweight FAC air rifle using a daystate air ranger at the moment and it’s a bit heavy any opinions would be appreciated
    Regs Kevin

Falcon FN19. Still reliable, accurate rifles and can be picked up for pennies.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

have a look at brocock bantam HRsniper or brocock commander , have shouldered both at my RFD ,really nice light well balanced guns

Plenty of bull pups that can taken to FAC power, still a bit heavy but more compact. Lightweight usually means small cylinder Limited power with very low shot count. One gun that stands out that is medium weight but compact is the Kral np 02, decent sized cylinder and designed for FAC, 30fpe in .22 and dirt cheap new

Light FAC

A old FX Gladiator could fit the bill with it's high air capacity .

Fx wildcat...

Quote Originally Posted by greenanchor View Post
    Fx wildcat...
    I agree with the greenanchor, my one is 12fp but is good for 280 shots, and they are light weight and compact.
    Les..

The best FAC air rifle for my money is the Edgun. Its regulator and firing valve are just SO efficient and it is a pretty compact bullpup design. Mine was a .22 running at 40 ft lb and delivering 40 shots with a 200BAR fill to a fairly compact air tube. I sold it only because as a left handed shooter, the magazines stuck in my face. The Rapid and Air Ranger are also excellent rifles at FAC power levels but are inevitably larger and heavier than the bullpup Edgun.
    I agree with the post above regarding the FN19-it is reasonably light and certainly very cheap to buy. Also very reliable and easy to work on.

If weight is an issue-it usually is- I have made a lightweight Rapid which weighs in at around the 3 KG level with scope. That is about the same as a Falcon Lighthunter with skeleton stock. Mine is a regulated .20 with a short barrel, high spec firing valve and skeleton stock. With a 280cc bottle I get around 3 magazines (36 shots) regulated at nearly 900 ft sec (25 ft lb with the JSB Heavy pellets) in .20. This is a very effective, light, compact and powerful air rifle and is my go-to gun most of the time.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

What’s your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Topwelder1968 View Post
    Hi all can anyone recommend a lightweight FAC air rifle using a daystate air ranger at the moment and it’s a bit heavy any opinions would be appreciated
    Regs Kevin
    Depending on how you use it the answer might be to use shooting sticks of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by greenanchor View Post
    Fx wildcat...
    What he said.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Rapid mkI with quick fill, 30 ft/lbs around 100 consistent shots with NO regulator, tuned trigger, and a good bit lighter than a Daystate cannon.

Heavy = Steady
    Are you walking around? 90% of my FAC air shooting is out of a truck or off a bi-pod.

Daystate Regal, mine has the standard cylinder, good for 30 shots.

BSA Hornet (scrap the BSA reg and fit a HuMa reg) or BSA Scorpion with a HuMa reg.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!