Thread: Help Needed with Anschutz 2001

Help Needed with Anschutz 2001

Due to parts scarcity, I have modified the air valve seal on my 2001 with a machined nylon seal. Would like to replace the O rings and buffer seal also but don't have a parts source. Am having problems with re-timing the gears in the side plate. Old threads on the subject lead to Wonky Donkey who is no longer available on PM. Can anyone get me aimed in the right direction. Many thanks.

You can try:
    grumpydumpy@msn.com

This is, I believe, a certain Dave Price who may be able to help.

From recollection Anschutz parts for this rifle may have to come from Anschutz but Dave will be better able to help you.

Cheers, Phil

Hello Brian,

I've sent you Email but will post this as it may be of help to others.

I've never found the arrows ever exactly line up. The arrow on the long ratchet that has the long protrusion that fits behind the piston should point in between the gap between the third & fourth tooth on the large cog with the other arrow on it. See pointer in attached image which I sent you.
    Once set the whole unit has to be fit at a slight angle & slid into place, a bit like the angle a large passenger jet approach's a runway to land is the best way I can describe it.

Also the "peg" on the cam has to fit into the slide that pushes the hammer & spring rearwards, this means the slide is a few mm rearward to start with, you should feel it locate & is probably going to take a few attempts to get right.

Once together correctly the rifle will work properly. if not then either the breech won't fully open & the cocking lever will jam part way.

If i was you I would change all the "O" rings, they are metric, as well as the piston seal which will probably have shrunk if velocity is low or pressure variable to non existent.

Parts are available from the factory direct, a bit expensive compared to FWB or Walther though.

Also please let me know if your valve seal works, TBH I have my doubts.

Kind regards

David