Thread: Oh my days! Original 35 help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

35 me

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Thanks all! It's easier when you know where all the bits go, and which way around.

It's now doing a lowly but consistent 530-532 fps with .22 Superdomes.
    Practically identical to the Super version I took delivery of earlier in the week. But comparing it alongside an RWS 45 the actions don't appear to be a million miles apart as regards to capacity and so I suspect that there must have been reason (s) these guns were throttled back. I feel they will achieve over 11 without becoming unduly harsh (possibly more)- well in .22 at least. It could be a little held back by the leather piston head as its generally accepted a fully synthetic set up would yield more. Whether it would be worth disturbing the balance of things by going that route is another matter.

Dave

Power

My mod27 does 525-530 fps with super domes , that's with a Titan No.5 spring,71mm stroke and 25mm bore and
    a leather washer .

The 35 is loads bigger with 28mm bore and I don't know the stroke as I don't have one but I suspect it will be the
    same as my 50, so I will have to measure it so I know .

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    My mod27 does 525-530 fps with super domes , that's with a Titan No.5 spring,71mm stroke and 25mm bore and
    a leather washer .

The 35 is loads bigger with 28mm bore and I don't know the stroke as I don't have one but I suspect it will be the
    same as my 50, so I will have to measure it so I know .
    That’s a hot 27. The 35 is physically bigger in overall size and has the 28mm bore, yes. However, I’m almost certain that the stroke is only slightly greater than that of the 27.
    I’ve seen the 35 rated as an 11-12 fpe gun in .22 on some U.S. websites. I find them nearer 9-10 with standard leather washer and spring and they shoot nicely at that level, usually. Power isn’t everything. Was back then.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think shed tuner or T20 should be given the bore, stroke and transfer port dimensions and present a cure for the rifle's anaemic performance.