Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cased Engraved Senior

Cased Engraved Senior

Here's a photograph of my DB engraved after market cased Senior.
    it has Walnut grips fitted at present, but I have the original Bakelite grips for it as well.
    It is currently fitted with a .177 barrel at, but there is a .22 barrel and linkage at the front of the case.
    Both pellet tins fit in the aperture with the lid closed, but the 250 .22 tin is there for illustration purposes only, as it is an extremely scarce tin, particularly as the one shown is still sealed.
    The lid label is an original Webley embossed leather label which I haven't replaced as it looks OK.

Thats a very nice thing

Did you have a Delux 635 spare, can you email me a pic if so?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Hello David,

I'm not normally a big fan of engraving, but would certainly make an exception in this tastefully carried out example.

Regards
    Brian

Damn it that's nice
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Wow, cased guns are a favorite going back to my blackpowder pistol days. As good as they come! As a side note I never thought of putting a silica packet in the case? Makes sense.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Very nice, l do like engraving on guns as it gives that little bit extra. just my oppion. and it is an art form in it's self.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello David,

I'm not normally a big fan of engraving, but would certainly make an exception in this tastefully carried out example.

Regards
    Brian
    I am also usually not a fan of art nouveau -style engraving on art deco style pistols, and it really belongs on pre-1900 guns, but I think in this case it has not been overdone and the effect is excellent.

I had a DB engraved FWB 127 that Collectors were a bit unpleasant about!

I too am not normally a fan of engraved air pistols, but this one came as part of a very nice collection and I was able to get some of the history behind it.
    I spoke to DB and he remembered doing it for the original owner, and it was one of the first he did and also one of the few he did 'though the blue', and as several have said, it's not overdone, so I decided to keep it. It's just a pity it didn't come with a set of DB's superb walnut grips as fitted to a lot of his later engraved pistols. I did ask him if he could make a pair, but he said the cost would be prohibitive and he didn't really want to make any apart from those to fit pistols he was engraving, so I didn't push it any further.
    The original barrel is not engraved so I was able to add another caliber barrel to complete the kit. When I got hold of the case it made a very nice display item, not that it gets displayed much nowadays.
    I've had several other engraved and plated air pistols through my hands, but none stay very long.
    The little silica bag just happened to be in view when I was completing the case, so I just dropped it in for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Thats a very nice thing

Did you have a Delux 635 spare, can you email me a pic if so?
    Both 635's are 'spare' and up for grabs, Richard, but I still don't know the difference between the two styles, apart from someone saying the deluxe is checkered, which the one I've managed to dig out, is, but the beech stock is lacquered not oil finished, which someone else suggested it should be.
    I've still got to dig out the second rifle which I will try and do over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    What a daft position to take. Apart from the fact there are surely more than enough 'complete and original' examples around to satisfy the purists, the whole point about ownership and use of virtually any gun is the opportunity to tinker, tailor, fettle and personalise as much as you want. The whole 'ethos' of gun use and ownership is about personalization.

PS: Lovely example by the way. Thanks for sharing.

Good lawd!!!!!
    I sell TatarGan in the caliber of the pope. Iron sits in the crocodile. A light bun turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    If you want to sell it! pm me.
    Last edited by Jenny Dipple; 03-02-2018 at 01:37 AM.

I sold it to a discerning friend not long ago.
    And I’m quite happy to buy it back when he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Very nice, l do like engraving on guns as it gives that little bit extra. just my oppion. and it is an art form in it's self.

The same can be said of tattoos! And that's been discussed to death in Non Airgun very recently.

I have to admit this isn't too bad but every time I see something like this I remember mum's late 19th. C sewing machine.

I can't fault the quality of the work, just the location.

Still, each to his own. ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .