Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh my days! Original 35 help

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Hope this helps.
    I'm thinking... nah
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I kept a perfectly straight face whilst I typed it Gav --- honest.
    aye right

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I'm thinking... nah
    You're beyond help John

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The balls I get, but wtf are the springs for? Anyway, I'll have a look at micks link in the morning and maybe just post it back to the customer with a fresh dogs egg.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

If 35 and 50 are the same,

There is an excellent description in the idiots guide, posts 60 and 61! HTH David.

I find them easy to do, I use my spring compressor and choose a socket that just fits the inner sleeve, small amount of pressure and the cross pis should push out with minimal force (no need to whack 'em with hammer and punch!)
    Reassembly is simple too, stick teh balls in the right place with sticky moly grease, make certain the top spring and it's guide seat correctly in the slot, carefully compress (using the same socket to push the inner sleeve as you used to dismantle in your spring compressor). When the holes line up slide the cross pins in and away you go. With the models that have a safety catch (not yours unless you have the safety catch parts missing from your pic) you have to make certain the tongue of the safety catch is aligned correctly before the cross pins go in as the safety catch has engagement to the front trigger pin to retain it in Fire or Safe position. Don't worry about it on yours it looks like there's no safety fitted from the factory.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Thanks all! It's easier when you know where all the bits go, and which way around.

It's now doing a lowly but consistent 530-532 fps with .22 Superdomes.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Apparently, this is what did for the popularity of the mod35. It was always sold as a full power rifle, but then someone chrono'd it and got the figures you're finding.

35 me

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Thanks all! It's easier when you know where all the bits go, and which way around.

It's now doing a lowly but consistent 530-532 fps with .22 Superdomes.
    Practically identical to the Super version I took delivery of earlier in the week. But comparing it alongside an RWS 45 the actions don't appear to be a million miles apart as regards to capacity and so I suspect that there must have been reason (s) these guns were throttled back. I feel they will achieve over 11 without becoming unduly harsh (possibly more)- well in .22 at least. It could be a little held back by the leather piston head as its generally accepted a fully synthetic set up would yield more. Whether it would be worth disturbing the balance of things by going that route is another matter.

Dave

Power

My mod27 does 525-530 fps with super domes , that's with a Titan No.5 spring,71mm stroke and 25mm bore and
    a leather washer .

The 35 is loads bigger with 28mm bore and I don't know the stroke as I don't have one but I suspect it will be the
    same as my 50, so I will have to measure it so I know .

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    My mod27 does 525-530 fps with super domes , that's with a Titan No.5 spring,71mm stroke and 25mm bore and
    a leather washer .

The 35 is loads bigger with 28mm bore and I don't know the stroke as I don't have one but I suspect it will be the
    same as my 50, so I will have to measure it so I know .
    That’s a hot 27. The 35 is physically bigger in overall size and has the 28mm bore, yes. However, I’m almost certain that the stroke is only slightly greater than that of the 27.
    I’ve seen the 35 rated as an 11-12 fpe gun in .22 on some U.S. websites. I find them nearer 9-10 with standard leather washer and spring and they shoot nicely at that level, usually. Power isn’t everything. Was back then.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think shed tuner or T20 should be given the bore, stroke and transfer port dimensions and present a cure for the rifle's anaemic performance.

Once you've mastered it nick I've got two or three of them here need servicing 👍

50 stroke

Just measured the stroke on my 50, tis the same as my mod27 at 71mm .

The long thin spring is part of the trigger unit. This will make sense when you look at the parts diagram. you push one end in position and use a small tie wrap to hold the rear of the spring in place. The ball bearings sit in place with a blob of grease on them. use minimum amounts of grease on the unit or it will not work. Get your self a swear box lol