Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to buy a brand new TX200

Wanting to buy a brand new TX200

Hi Guys,

I want to buy a nicely figured beach stock for my rather bland new TX200. I have asked AA if I can drive to their factory (8 hour + round trip) but they say they can't sell me one as they fell they have nothing nice enough to sell me. So I'm going to have to buy a whole TX200 just for the stock!

Does anybody know of a TX200 in a shop that has the nice beach fleck and grain pattern in it? The stock must be 100% blemish free. I'm not going to drive half way across the country to buy a gun just for the stock and have it covered in 'rack rash'.

If anybody knows of a nice one sitting on a shelf, I'd be really glad to here about it

I live in the Cardiff South Wales area.

Thanks,
    Rob.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Consider an aftermarket stock... the std stock is pretty good, but aftermarkets stocks come up for around £150 - £175secondhand.

Or get a walnut factory stock - lighter and better looking.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

CS stocks are rather nicely figured, give them a ring.

Who makes the stocks for AA ? might be worth finding out and asking them if they have any nice blanks and can make you from it .
    Also, if you ask for a beech stock you might get one that's not covered in sand

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Who makes the stocks for AA ? might be worth finding out and asking them if they have any nice blanks and can make you from it .
    Also, if you ask for a beech stock you might get one that's not covered in sand
    Minelli? Pretty sure they don’t sell to individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Minelli? Pretty sure they don’t sell to individuals.
    i thought Minelli too .

samples here http://outdoor.minelligroup.com/mine...ir_gun_stocks/

Definitely Minelli

Last edited by bighit; 31-07-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have contacted CS stocks in the past and have been blown away by how unhelpful they have been. They wanted to charge me an extra £40 for a 'selected blank', but would give absolutely no guarantee of it's outcome !!

I am perfectly happy with the standard AA beech (note correct spelling!) stock, I just need to find a nice one, I want beech for the weight. There was a really nice one in my local shop, but it had a nasty 'ding' in the butt caused by the shops pad lock !!

Just need to find a nice one in a shop. I guess I need to find a shop with a good stock that I can look through. It doesn't matter if it's .22 or .177, so that helps.

Poor you looks like you'll have to visit loads of gunshopsoldgrin:
    You could always get the gouges out
    Happy hunting.

Beech stocks on the tx are very nice but rather similar. Custom Stocks are a great company to deal with and the reason why he could not guarantee the better quality £40 blank is that until they start cutting the blank it is not possible to properly see the grain. The £40 extra is going to get you a very nice stock and i am waiting for such a stock at the moment. I might add with confidence that it will be very good. They are a really good company. Yesterday when i was discussing my present order. I mentioned a stock that i bought years ago and said i had come to think it was a little bulky for the hw 99. Straight away he said "send it back we will alter it, no charge". you have nothing to worry about with Custom Stocks.

tx200

I bought a TX200 on Monday from Ronnie Sunshines (Other retailers are availible) they had a few new TX200s in stock and a couple of used ones too. I was suprised how uninspiring the beech stocks were, as ive seen some real nice ones in the past. I think I picked the best one, or at least the one I liked best.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Hi Guys,

I want to buy a nicely figured beach stock for my rather bland new TX200. I have asked AA if I can drive to their factory (8 hour + round trip) but they say they can't sell me one as they fell they have nothing nice enough to sell me. So I'm going to have to buy a whole TX200 just for the stock!

Does anybody know of a TX200 in a shop that has the nice beach fleck and grain pattern in it? The stock must be 100% blemish free. I'm not going to drive half way across the country to buy a gun just for the stock and have it covered in 'rack rash'.

If anybody knows of a nice one sitting on a shelf, I'd be really glad to here about it

I live in the Cardiff South Wales area.

Thanks,
    Rob.
    Try Julian Bond at bondgunaccessories.

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Why not buy a walnut one and add some weight to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Why not buy a walnut one and add some weight to it?
    Because I want a beech stock, some how beech seems more 'in keeping' for a springer??
    'Bling' is for PCP's in my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Because I want a beech stock, some how beech seems more 'in keeping' for a springer??
    'Bling' is for PCP's in my eye.
    Walnut doesn't have to be "blingy" - a nice plain one looks like a proper sporting gun.
    But everyone to his taste, and I hope you find a nice beech one.

Just went back to the shop where I know there is a VERY nice beach stocked gun to buy. Sadly when I got there, I noticed even more dents and marks in it than the one I already knew about, so no sale I can't bring myself to spend £450 for a gun that looks like it's already been on a hunting trip.

I'm off to leighton Buzzard tomorrow for work. I'll be going over the Severn Bridge on the M4, up the M5 and across country via the A40 and Oxford.

Does anybody know of a well stocked air rifle shop on my way I can call into? I'll have my trailer on the back of my car, so don't really want to be parking or going into very busy towns if I can help it.

Thanks for any help.
    Rob.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 03-08-2018 at 03:34 PM.