Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2018 Round 7

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Cool Sussex Interclub HFT 2018 Round 7

Evening all

When I posted to announce Round 3 of the 2018 SIHFT at Swallows FTC, I had just returned from a grueling weekend at the UKAHFT Nationals when I had a dodgy knee. This time I've 'recovered' from a long weekend with Charles, Jean and Cargy doing a spot of coaching with Air Arms at The Game Fair.

SIHFT Round 7 is now upon us (this Sunday - 5th August) and returns to Swallows.

Our postcode at Broyle PARK Farm (NOT to be confused with Broyle PLACE Farm, half a mile to the West) is BN8 6DB. More location details on our web site, which you can reach via the link in my signature.

The competition is open to all safe shooters with sub 12ft/lb air rifles and from any of the five hosting clubs (Swallows, Ford, Horsham Hawks, Mile Oak and Buxted) as well as teams from our established visiting clubs (Iden Fern, Meon Valley and MAD).

Other individuals will also be welcomed; all we ask is for a brief heads up that you would like to join us by dropping the host club a PM (me - Biggles) or email (in my profile).

Gates will open at 8.00am with booking in commencing at 9.00am.

The shoot will start at 10.00am after a safety briefing scheduled for around 9.50am. You must be at the safety briefing if you intend to shoot in the competition. Please also remember that if you want to shoot with a specific person (or as a threesome), don't leave booking-in to the last minute as you may be disappointed!

Cost £8.00
    Juniors (under 17) £5.00

The course will be set to current 2018 UKAHFT rules.

Tea and coffee will be available and catering will be provided care of resident chef, Stuart.

Parking will be in the main field. In the unlikely event you do have to park in and around the farm buildings, please ensure you do not block any work areas or storage units and allow space for farm machinery to get through without taking lumps out of your vehicle!

When driving through the farm please go at walking pace.

Hope to see lots of you on Sunday.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Important update

Hi All

Following a discussion with our farmer this afternoon, I have to announce that throughout this coming Sunday's SIHFT (Round 7), smoking is restricted to very limited areas of the site.

Smoking is prohibited in both the main field (the one in which we park and have our zero range) and THROUGHOUT THE WOODS.

While there was some rain earlier this week, the whole farm remains tinder dry. While working in the woods for the past two evenings, you'd certainly not know there had been a drop of rain, the ground being covered in leaves - more like walking through cornflakes (but without the milk).

There can be no relaxation in this restriction throughout Sunday's gathering.

I am aware that this will not be popular, but we have to accept and abide by the farmer's decision.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Bravo lol

As an ex smoker (now vape a bit) , i think its a REALLY good idea ....... some folk on the circuit smoke more than a laboratory beagle and apart from the fact it stinks worse than a sixteen yr old boys sock , in this dry weather it could be bloody dangerous, and costly .

Where as my fruit smelling vape like me , is all sweetness and light .
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    .... more like walking through cornflakes (but without the milk).....
    Mmmmmmmmm cornflakes must pack a bowl, spoon and some semi skimmed

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    As an ex smoker (now vape a bit) , i think its a REALLY good idea ....... some folk on the circuit smoke more than a laboratory beagle and apart from the fact it stinks worse than a sixteen yr old boys sock , in this dry weather it could be bloody dangerous, and costly .

Personally I used the curtains

Anyway, have been practicing this afternoon so feel a clearance coming
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post

Tobacco flavoured vape for me then plus the obligatory sock if I can remember which cushion on the setee I tucked it behind,

Note to organiser.... can you place Russ downwind of me
    AA TX200 Mk3 AA TX200 HC AA S510 Carbine Superlite BSA Mercury .22 Daystate Griffin .22 Weihrauch HW35 .22 Sheridan Blue Streak .20 another AA TX200 Mk3 ​Miroku MK38 12g INV+ Teague Browning Maxus 12g

Quote Originally Posted by trevp View Post
    Tobacco flavoured vape for me then plus the obligatory sock if I can remember which cushion on the setee I tucked it behind,

Note to organiser.... can you place Russ downwind of me
    Hahahahahahahah , but Trev i said 16yr old boys sock , not a mans sock who is older than god .
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Cool

With thanks to Vince, Kim, Alasdair and Paul, a course awaits you.

The field has been prepped for parking and a zero range by Gerry and Stuart.

Please park in the field and with either your bonnet or boot facing the wood. In Fordie/Cut-throat language, that's either NbyNE or SbySW

Highly recommended to bring some sun cream. While the shoot itself will be under the cover of some treeage, everywhere else is kinda scorchio.

Biggles