Thread: Mark 1 Airsporter

Mark 1 Airsporter

Hi

A friend has a Mk1 Airsporter which according to him shoots high. He has taken out the foresight blade which has a number one stamped on it. I see from Chambers and Knibbs sites that two blades existed, OS072 & 73,but are not now available. Is one to shoot at shorter ranges. Any info will be of great interest.

Thanks

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by POLO View Post
    Hi

A friend has a Mk1 Airsporter which according to him shoots high. He has taken out the foresight blade which has a number one stamped on it. I see from Chambers and Knibbs sites that two blades existed, OS072 & 73,but are not now available. Is one to shoot at shorter ranges. Any info will be of great interest.

Thanks

Ian
    If the rear sight is set at its lowest position, shooting high would necessitate fitting a higher foresight. My Mk1 shoots a little high, but as I only use it to shoot at paper targets the resultant 6 O'Clock sight picture is the one traditionally recommended.

Reards
    Brian

Post BSA Foresight BLades

I have a number of these foresight blades of various heights all brand new old stock.
    From memory they all have different numbers stamped.
    PM me

The foresight elements came in different heights to assist with zeroing these rifles and the numbers denoted the height of the foresight.

I don't have a complete list of heights but do have a note of buying a Mk2 Airsporter with a foresight element marked 38, which shot high. I replaced this with an element marked 41.

I'm not sure what the highest number is. Perhaps other collectors can check theirs and list anything over 41 to help you?

Kind regards,

John