Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original Model 50 indentification

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Big old lump, that 50TO1.

How does it shoot, John? Consensus seems to be that they are not a nice thing.
    It's ok, Just a bit slammy due to me fitting a cra**y Ox spring years ago when the original spring broke in to three pieces! (I didn't know any better and should have cut some off to make a nicer shooting cycle!)..

It's in pretty good condition still too..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

It does look like a very nice example. Your 35's are very fine also. I suspect my in 50 T01 has a broken spring that's knitted together. It shots softly at around 8.5fpe at the last check. A friend has a mint one that's as fierce as hell.

That Type 01 is lovely to be fair. That bluing is superb. Lovely deep blue/ black.
    It was the last roll of the dice for the model 50 in that guise. I read the adverts of the day for it claiming power increased by ?% over the previous model. But as the std 50 was a little asthmatic that doesn't say a lot! That said my old 50 chronographs on the up side of 11 so is no slouch. My .22 Type01 is tad higher again and boasts synthetic head, guide, top hat and cut Titan spring. With an old Webley moderator up front its discharge is a quick n sharp subdued thump. No twist n torque and quite sweet to have a session shooting. Some would say it's sacrilege to alter the innards of a classic gun thus but it needed work to get it shooting right. And it was a case of in for a penny....
    It feels good taking an old classic out against the squirrels. Quite satisfying. Indeed it's stablemate- a 35s has accounted for another grey this evening.
    Dave