Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
That just can't be right. If it was surely the other brands mentioned are simply no good and just wouldn't sell.
Definitely can be correct. My first quality springer was a TX200. I bought a high end scope and what I thought were very good mounts. The mount was a 1 piece and when I zeroed the gun at 10 yards, it was shooting around 4" to 5" left at 55 yards. I zeroed at 55 and it was to the right at 10 yards by a small amount, but on a 3/8" target, it would be enough to cause a lot of misses. I reversed the mount and it then shot 4" to 5" right at 55 yards. I was convinced my gun was not straight, but I bought a 1 piece BKL 260 mount to try before I tried something more involved. I zeroed at 10 yards and when I went to the 55 yard target, all my shots were right along the vertical line I was shooting at. I was sold on BKL from that point and won't consider buying another brand. The bargain priced mounts will always sell because most people just don't want to pay extra for something that seems trivial to them. I just don't have the time or extra money to try cheap mounts until I find one that's good.