Thread: High End Vs Budget Scope Mounts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
    Regarding air rifles, what's the real difference between fitting high end scope mounts (Spuhr, Tier one, BKL etc.) as appose to the cheaper budget brands like Hawke, Atom, Richter Optik, Nikko Sterling that can be had for a tenner or less on fleabay?

The reason I'm asking is that I've always only ever used the cheaper end of the scale and never had any issues with holding long term accuracy whatsoever even on springers.

So, what's the point in spending a lot of money on more expensive brands when the cheaper one's do the job? Is it just marketing or do they offer something more that I'm not aware of?
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
    Sportsmatch and Hawke (Match) are not what I'd call 'cheap mounts'. There must be hundreds of thousands of shooters that use these and I would have thought, if what you say is right, that it'd be common knowledge by now and most would steer clear. But they don't and not all of them can be shooting at fixed ranges
    Ok well in that case I'm obviously mis-reading your OP

I certainly don't class them as "cheap" either (although many serious RFD's do) but neither are they anywhere near "top end"
    I'm just relaying my experience & why I think BKL are worth that little bit extra.
    Last edited by angrybear; 12-08-2018 at 04:25 PM.