I think Rabbits' that you and lots of others have to accept that some shooters will spend more money on accesories such as mounts for two or maybe three main reasons.

First up is the obvious one and it's because they simply have the means so they can and they do;

Second is that they have an eye for quality engineering and design with my personal caveat that, maybe, the reasons behind the design are possibly flawed and baseless in the real world;

Third, I would say, that it imparts a certain degree of confidence in the rifle/scope/mount combination leaving the shooter free to concentrate on his/her contribution to the shot.

Broadly speaking, and in all walks of life, we all fit into one of the above but I maintain that diminishing returns does come into play at some point.

I use Sportsmatch, as you know, and I have deduced that correct fitting of the scope using repeatable and gentle but adequate torque settings are more important to me than simply buying the next level up or the most expensive hardware.

So I just spend what I think is reasonable money, (and I don't have a lot btw), I install correctly, I have the utmost confidence in the combination, then I simply shoot at stuff and leave the obsessing to others and i'm sure there are 1000's just like me.

Forgot to add that when I shoot at stuff I tend to connect with it too, just in case you were wonderin'