Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
I then fitted some Sportsmatch reach fwd/back mounts but these had close to 2" lateral shift from 20yds to 150yds,
I then fitted Hawke match mounts these were better but still had almost an inch of lateral shift over the same range,
I then fitted BKL mounts which showed no lateral shift with increasing/decreasing range.
Since then I have only ever used BKL mounts on dovetails.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
That just can't be right. If it was surely the other brands mentioned are simply no good and just wouldn't sell.
Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
They still sell because "some people" can't see why they should spend £40 on mounts when they can buy a set for £4.99

or for those who only plink in the garden always at the same fixed range, they will have no idea that at twice the range the POI will be way off.
Sportsmatch and Hawke (Match) are not what I'd call 'cheap mounts'. There must be hundreds of thousands of shooters that use these and I would have thought, if what you say is right, that it'd be common knowledge by now and most would steer clear. But they don't and not all of them can be shooting at fixed ranges