Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
Like many others I use Sportsmatch and BKL, however I have recently noticed that the quality of BKL has dropped.

Before, when they were sold in a brown cardboard box they were great, now they come in a fancy silver box with stars and stripes, they seem loose and don't fit as well, has anyone else found this? I had trouble tightening the tops as they seemed too tight...
BKL is owned by Auto-Numatic that owns Airforce . possibly why the quality has dropped and the use of the stars and stripes box

BKL Mounts, Rings and Adapters Return to Market
July 6, 2009 (Ft. Worth, TX)

Auto-Numatic Corporation, the parent company of AirForce Airguns, is proud to announce the acquisition of the assets of BKL Technologies, which manufactured a full line of air rifle and rimfire scope mounts popular among target shooters. Auto-Numatic plans to keep the BKL name as it denotes quality, variety and innovation in airgun and rimfire mounts the same way AirForce denotes quality, accuracy and power for the premium airgun market.
BKL operations have been moved to the main production facility in Fort Worth, Texas and will be manufactured in the USA. All mounts, rings and adapters are manufactured from aircraft grade aluminum alloy. They are available in a wide range of configurations geared specifically for air guns and rimfires for both 1-inch and 30mm rifle scopes.

Auto-Numatic is the Texas-based parent company of AirForce Airguns and BKL Technologies. AirForce Airguns revolutionized the airgun world with the first U.S. manufactured pre-charged pneumatic airgun in 1998. AirForce is now an established leader in the design and manufacture of high performance adult airguns. BKL has revolutionized professional quality mounting systems for airguns and rimfire rifles. Auto-Numatic Corporation's headquarters and production facilities are located in Fort Worth, Texas.

They also own Rapid air weapons and Theoben too.