Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
I appreciate where you're coming from Phil, but for me , mounts are about function. Period.
I don't buy any kit because it looks good and have certainly never considered mounts as any sort of bling or must have.
My own personal experiences with cheaper offerings have dictated that I purchase better mounts is all.
I think we are in agreement with each other. My view is that function comes first and if a set of 'cheaper' mounts function well and I cannot believe that a far more expensive set would function better, then I stay with the tried and tested, to me, cheaper mounts.
I also believe that there can be a difference between el-cheapo mounts at the very bottom of the 'mount cost spectrum' and others that are more expensive but which may be regarded as 'cheap' by those people used to buying the most expensive mounts. In this case you might regard Sportsmatch as cheap compared to the cost of other makes ... or so I am led to believe. As I have never bought any mounts more expensive than Sportsmatch, I do not know.
Cheers, Phil