Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
Never tried on an AIRGUNAID, but am going to assume it is threaded and loctite (or similar) secured, rather than an interference fit, so applying a little heat and twisting anti-clockwise while staring at the barrel's business end should do the job, although I would leave your DG as a .177 to keep it's integrity if I were you?

I say that, as saw a boxed AIRGUNAID SP5 as a kit, once, with a separate .177 block and barrel assembly in the box alongside the .20 set up, so as Don and Eddie developed the DG .20 and the SP5 .20 in unison with Milbro, I assume the .177 set up that your example sports is Kosher and quite unique on reflection?
That's the best bit of info I've had on this and makes restoring it a lot easier Gareth,you are a minefield of information,I hope I can Quote you on the above two barrels bit.I have rust blued the barrel and it looks decent so will now do the rest to bring it back.I found six thin, looks like nylon shims behind the breach seal,when it was put together they must of been very particular about the fit.Can now rest easy on looking for a .20 barrel(hoping one turns up)Cheers again Gareth.