Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Grey .20 (Milbro/Diana 80)

Don Grey .20 (Milbro/Diana 80)

Anyone got one of these out there ?Would like to know if there are many still about.

Following with interest.....anyone know more about these??

I understand that they went by the name DG2-0, I'm lucky enough to.have a new one, still with factory safety stickers attached. If this is the rifle you mean there isnt many about and they were all in .20 cal.

Hi, a good friend of mine has one but it has a .177 barrel on it??
    Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewebleyman View Post
    Hi, a good friend of mine has one but it has a .177 barrel on it??
    Cheers Paul
    That would be mine Paul,I new I shouldn't have told you.you can't keep a secret,bought it recently and was wondering if there were many about,not many replies on here,it has the DG-20 on the chamber but a 177 barrel fitted,the seller claimed he didn't know and had not tried it,the joys of distance buying,to say I was disappointed is an under statement,so now looking for a .20 barrel for it,Wish I still had the coal fire could have used the .177 barrel for a poker.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    I understand that they went by the name DG2-0, I'm lucky enough to.have a new one, still with factory safety stickers attached. If this is the rifle you mean there isnt many about and they were all in .20 cal.

That's the one how does it shoot?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Search Eddie Barber & AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 Hunter (loads on here on the subject), for basically, the DG .20 is the same gun. Eddie (also of AGW fame) and Don developed these Milbro-based hybrids in unison. Hope this helps?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Search Eddie Barber & AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 Hunter (loads on here on the subject), for basically, the DG .20 is the same gun. Eddie (also of AGW fame) and Don developed these Milbro-based hybrids in unison. Hope this helps?
    Thank you for the info,have read most everything to find,more a case of seeing what's left and if there are any available as I have a good complete action but no .20 barrel seems a pity not to try to get it back to the way it should be,thanks again Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by grieva; 06-08-2018 at 05:47 AM.

Any more?

Wish I still had the coal fire could have used the .177 barrel for a poker nice one

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post

Thank you for the info,have read most everything to find,more a case of seeing what's left and if there are any available as I have a good complete action but no .20 barrel seems a pity not to try to get it back to the way it should be, thanks again Gareth W-B.
    You are very welcome. To help, do note that all the .20 barrels on all the AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 HUNTERS that I have seen over the years were not Milbro manufactured, but 15mm diameter Walthar Lothar barrels, so it follows that the DG .20s were fitted with the same.

This in mind, why not contact Walthar Lothar direct, on the off chance that they still manufacture a similar barrel for other models, or maybe even have some old stock in their spares bay (it's got to be worth a shout )? Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    This in mind, why not contact Walthar Lothar direct, on the off chance that they still manufacture a similar barrel for other models, or maybe even have some old stock in their spares bay (it's got to be worth a shout )? Atb: G.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    He shoots, he scores, it's in the back of the net.

Cheers lads,but how do I remove the barrel from the breach block?

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post

Cheers lads, but how do I remove the barrel from the breach block?
    Never tried on an AIRGUNAID, but am going to assume it is threaded and loctite (or similar) secured, rather than an interference fit, so applying a little heat and twisting anti-clockwise while staring at the barrel's business end should do the job, although I would leave your DG as a .177 to keep it's integrity if I were you?

I say that, as saw a boxed AIRGUNAID SP5 as a kit, once, with a separate .177 block and barrel assembly in the box alongside the .20 set up, so as Don and Eddie developed the DG .20 and the SP5 .20 in unison with Milbro, I assume the .177 set up that your example sports is Kosher and quite unique on reflection?