Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don Grey .20 (Milbro/Diana 80)

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Never tried on an AIRGUNAID, but am going to assume it is threaded and loctite (or similar) secured, rather than an interference fit, so applying a little heat and twisting anti-clockwise while staring at the barrel's business end should do the job, although I would leave your DG as a .177 to keep it's integrity if I were you?

I say that, as saw a boxed AIRGUNAID SP5 as a kit, once, with a separate .177 block and barrel assembly in the box alongside the .20 set up, so as Don and Eddie developed the DG .20 and the SP5 .20 in unison with Milbro, I assume the .177 set up that your example sports is Kosher and quite unique on reflection?
    That's the best bit of info I've had on this and makes restoring it a lot easier Gareth,you are a minefield of information,I hope I can Quote you on the above two barrels bit.I have rust blued the barrel and it looks decent so will now do the rest to bring it back.I found six thin, looks like nylon shims behind the breach seal,when it was put together they must of been very particular about the fit.Can now rest easy on looking for a .20 barrel(hoping one turns up)Cheers again Gareth.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post

That's the best bit of info I've had on this and makes restoring it a lot easier Gareth,you are a minefield of information,I hope I can Quote you on the above two barrels bit.I have rust blued the barrel and it looks decent so will now do the rest to bring it back.I found six thin, looks like nylon shims behind the breach seal,when it was put together they must of been very particular about the fit.Can now rest easy on looking for a .20 barrel(hoping one turns up)Cheers again Gareth.
    You are most welcome my friend, thank you for the complement, and feel free to quote away. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.