Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: JSB exact pellets. Normal 8.44 gr or heavies 10.34gr for sub 12 springers????

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    With less than 1/2 ftlb between the highest and lowest I'd choose the best performing pellet & ignore the chronograph. If the heavier pellets stand better in wind as Phil says "you can learn trajectory exactly".
    Yes.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, definitely a good idea to let it run in a little more, Rhys.

If the power didn't rise and it were to still niggle you, a tad more preload to compensate a little more for the lower swept volume will help.
    To be honest tone, I can't wait till I forgotten all about the power its pushing.. a couple of weeks ago I put my mate with his Webley raider 10 PCP to shame with it . As soon as I'd zeroed it with the a different pellet I was hitting this small target at about 45-50yrds nearly every time. It was great
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....er-in-my-Hw77K

Coincidentally someone else has started a thread about the 77 today

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    To be honest tone, I can't wait till I forgotten all about the power its pushing.. a couple of weeks ago I put my mate with his Webley raider 10 PCP to shame with it . As soon as I'd zeroed it with the a different pellet I was hitting this small target at about 45-50yrds nearly every time. It was great
    I think if the rifles working for you its not too much of a problem. I'm going to have a look at the 77 when I get chance as its never been apart and is pretty twangy. I'm just reluctant with this one after I marked my Nickel HW97 taking it apart. The new ones seem to be a right pig to open up.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Setting aside the issues with the rifle's preffered pellets, (which will almost certainly be the 8.44g btw) the whole point of .177 is it's flat trajectory. Whyu comprimise it with a heavy pellet?
    Why use 8.44 when you can go 7.9. They target shoot better for me if paper...they drop better longer if it blinks and maximise pellet traj too.

No brainer for me. I dont really see any advantage in heavies unless its got FAC type air up its arse.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill