Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: JSB exact pellets. Normal 8.44 gr or heavies 10.34gr for sub 12 springers????

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Sorry Phil, I've upgraded to a lot harder uncompromising redneck... I now enjoy watching hippies fetch me things

I especially enjoy saying "FETCH IT THEN" in a voice similar to Jason Statham (because I now smoke straight Marlborough and drink moonshine)to them, then they gallop off to get me things as I sit in my pallet wood throne.

Well you do have the looks for it, Rhys.

image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Well you do have the looks for it, Rhys.

image.jpeg
    That's all changed now Mick, the guy above looks like a bit of a girl. I had a hair cut found a vest and a chainsaw with "MAC" written on the side. Which is great for trimming down those hippy willow woven arches in my flipflops. I started looking after pigs too.

FETCH IT THENNN!!!
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 17-08-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Is that Charles Manson, Mick? ... He lived on a farm, and had hippie disciples...

eff off Capture.JPG

I think I've located your long lost brothers here Rhys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I think I've located your long lost brothers here Rhys!!!

Jeez, dungs were so last year.
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 17-08-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Is that Charles Manson, Mick? ... He lived on a farm, and had hippie disciples...

eff off Capture.JPG
    Your looking well Phil, have you had your eyes whitened?

Your looking well Phil, have you had your eyes whitened?
    Nah,

I was up the post office the other day having a mugshot taken, and I said to the 'oman behind the counter "Oi, how come my picture is in black and white?" And she said "It isn't"...

Think I prefered the old Rhys... he wasn't so mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Nah,

I was up the post office the other day having a mugshot taken, and I said to the 'oman behind the counter "Oi, how come my picture is in black and white?" And she said "It isn't"...

Think I prefered the old Rhys... he wasn't so mean.
    There's nothing mean about the new me.. it just doesn't have "flowers in its hair". I'm still the same old me. I let the hippy minions grow there veg & have fires if they want.. I just don't answer to silly "love everything" rules about how to treat people who want to get a rise out of me is all.

"Fetch the crossbow Margret, I don't like the look on that chaps eyes!"

Besides being a redneck people don't expect much from you so it's quite nice being able to offer the nice bits to those that I choose

The four I tested today are as follows. AA Diablo field 8.44gr, AA diablo express 7.67gr, JSB diablo heavy. 10.34gr and just for the hell of it threw in the AA diablo match (flatheads) 8.02gr which I do realise are optimally for 10metres or less. All were tested at 22 yards in my Prosport firing 5 shots each with interesting results, especially as it was fairly breezy today. The AA Diablo field grouped beautifully and all were within a 12mm circle. The AA Diablo express grouped well but not as tight which I think was mainly due to the breeze and/or my inconsistency. Surprisingly the AA Diablo match pellets grouped equally as well as the express which surprised me. Now as for the JSB Heavies.....5 shots inside 7mm circle. Absolutely outstanding results from the heavier pellet which is obviously the better pellet in the wind. As for the shot cycle, the AA match and express provided a super quick snappy action but not at all unpleasant and likewise similar with the AA Diablo. The JSB definitely shot very differently to the other pellets but by no means an unpleasant shot cycle. Over the weekend I will try to chronograph them all and update!!!!
    Great job, the heavies show promise, like I said I always liked them as a pellet. They just seemed to be more solid in there consistency and they are harder to damage even though they are made from a softer lead than other brands because of the shorter skirt. Nice one Mike

I've just had chance to have a dabble on the chrono and the results are as follows. Again using the Prosport, five shots with each pellet.

JSB Exact Heavy - 10.34gr - 685fps - 10.78 ftlb

AA Diablo match - 8.02gr - 779fps - 10.81ftlb

AA Diablo Express - 7.87gr - 800fps - 11.19ftlb

AA Diablo Field - 8.44gr - 774fps - 11.23

I think for comparisons sake i'll do the same test with my S510 pcp to see the difference. I think this clearly shows that the lighter variety are indeed more efficient in the Prosport. Not that there's anything wrong with the heavier pellet and on a windy day well worth considering using them as they still made good power and were clinically accurate. I think on a day with virtually no wind the express would be superb, but as an all rounder it has to be the field diablos.

And here we have some S510 results. I've added H and N FTT's to this one.

AA Diablo Field - 8.44gr - 775fps - 11.26ftlb
    -
    AA Diablo Express - 7.87gr - 801fps - 11.21ftlb

JSB Exact Heavy - 10.34gr - 713fps - 11.67ftlb

H and N FTT - 8.64gr - 774fps - 11.50ftlb

I've just had chance to have a dabble on the chrono and the results are as follows. Again using the Prosport, five shots with each pellet.

JSB Exact Heavy - 10.34gr - 685fps - 10.78 ftlb

AA Diablo match - 8.02gr - 779fps - 10.81ftlb

AA Diablo Express - 7.87gr - 800fps - 11.19ftlb

AA Diablo Field - 8.44gr - 774fps - 11.23

I think for comparisons sake i'll do the same test with my S510 pcp to see the difference. I think this clearly shows that the lighter variety are indeed more efficient in the Prosport. Not that there's anything wrong with the heavier pellet and on a windy day well worth considering using them as they still made good power and were clinically accurate. I think on a day with virtually no wind the express would be superb, but as an all rounder it has to be the field diablos.
    With less than 1/2 ftlb between the highest and lowest I'd choose the best performing pellet & ignore the chronograph. If the heavier pellets stand better in wind as Phil says "you can learn trajectory exactly".

With less than 1/2 ftlb between the highest and lowest I'd choose the best performing pellet & ignore the chronograph. If the heavier pellets stand better in wind as Phil says "you can learn trajectory exactly".
    Absolutely. Its amazing how little there is between them. One thing I did discover whilst chrono testing today was that my HW77 that i've had from new (around a year) is only putting out 10 ft lb's in .22 at best. I might have to have a little look at that one. Some of the results were as low as 9.9ftlb

Absolutely. Its amazing how little there is between them. One thing I did discover whilst chrono testing today was that my HW77 that i've had from new (around a year) is only putting out 10 ft lb's in .22 at best. I might have to have a little look at that one. Some of the results were as low as 9.9ftlb
    My similar dated 77 is also doing exactly that... Max is with express (14.3 or 4grn I can't remember) pushing 10.3/4 ftlbs & 9.5-10.4 over a few different brands. Now, I stuck a nose extension in it, a new seal and put 2 of tinbums power washers in and it stayed the same. It shoots nice so I'm a bit loathed to change it as it's my pleasure gun where power don't mean jit but it is niggling my thoughts a little. Still.., I'll stick a few more tins through & see what happens I think..

My similar dated 77 is also doing exactly that... Max is with express (14.3 or 4grn I can't remember) pushing 10.3/4 ftlbs & 9.5-10.4 over a few different brands. Now, I stuck a nose extension in it, a new seal and put 2 of tinbums power washers in and it stayed the same. It shoots nice so I'm a bit loathed to change it as it's my pleasure gun where power don't mean jit but it is niggling my thoughts a little. Still.., I'll stick a few more tins through & see what happens I think..
    Yep, definitely a good idea to let it run in a little more, Rhys.

If the power didn't rise and it were to still niggle you, a tad more preload to compensate a little more for the lower swept volume will help.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!