Thread: Air Arms TX200 SR (Mark 1 and Mark 2) and a Couple of Others...

Air Arms TX200 SR (Mark 1 and Mark 2) and a Couple of Others...

The air rifle collecting bug bit me real bad, around a year ago and I nearly went to therapy over it🤣🤔. Anyway Theobens have always been my main focus, but I always had an eye for Air Arms having bought a Walnut ProSport many years ago. I really fancied a TX200 SR and got a gorgeous mint Mark 1 in .22. Then I got carried away and got a beech Mark2 in .22, another Walnut .22 and a custom Walnut Mark 2 in .177. I'm not being greedy though I have 3 sons, so we can all have a go......well thats what I say to myself to justify getting them. Four is my magic number...A few months ago I had to get this TX200 HC, simply because they are brilliant rifles and this one had the best looking walnut stock that I have seen. I need to one day up my game on the scope front for my rifles, but this one has a Leupold on it and the package works very well together.

If I was pushed to nominate a favourite, they all have their merits but the Mark 1 TX200SR has the edge for me. The Walnut stock is lovely, its mint condition and no bear trap makes it smoother and quieter to use.

Some pics to look at or, it never happened.

That's a very nice collection mate.

Very nice. Shooters tend to cherish these rifles more than Air Arms appear to...

Very, very nice.

What? No Pro Elite?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

What you said about nearly going to therapy about collecting rifles and getting four of the same rifle. I thought I was reading about myself.
    Last edited by Sully; 03-09-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I have finally stopped collecting though thankfully.
    I think I'll have these words carved into my tombstone.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Bet you'd pass on this

What a lovely collection

I picked up this Walnut Custom Stock and decided to put it on the MK2 Beach stocked version. I feel it has transformed the rifle but have a couple of questions, since fitting it the SR action is a lot tighter whereby you can lift the up 45 degrees or, more and it doesn't slide, its spot on accuracy wise so does it really matter? The other thing is in all aspects it is in immaculate condition but the barrel has turned a reddish hue, its not damage in anyway it looks like it has always been done this way. I'm not going to change it as it actually looks great, has anyone else experienced this?

Aa sr mk1

Hi getting the AA bug a myself
    sr mk 1 venom
    pro elite glide

cheers Tom

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auol2PxeHXBMgRzcXg9LgvQcKlKQ

SR mk2 prices

I have been offered an TX200SR .22 and I was just wondering what kind of prices these go for?