Thread: Hw100k cs800 stock issues

Question Hw100k cs800 stock issues

Hi all,

Bought a cs800 last Christmas for my hw100k and only just fitted it, few issues;
    Stippling is interesting at best, a big dent in fore end and the fit is crap....the rifle rocks in the stock about 2mm back to front, it pivots on the rear bolt. Should I be packing it out or removing a bit of wood? Extra washers?? Bit annoying really.

Thanks, Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Hi all,

Bought a cs800 last Christmas for my hw100k and only just fitted it, few issues;
    Stippling is interesting at best, a big dent in fore end and the fit is crap....the rifle rocks in the stock about 2mm back to front, it pivots on the rear bolt. Should I be packing it out or removing a bit of wood? Extra washers?? Bit annoying really.

Thanks, Matt.
    You should not have these problems from CS stock mate.
    You could send it back???

Too late to send it back, any issues should have been raised near the time of purchase.

Not all lost though, you can make alterations yourself as long as you're careful and remove/alter small bits at a time.

If you are the original purchaser, and have some paperwork to prove it, I would send it back.
    At least contact them to explain the situation.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    I hope you don't mind me asking but why did you not at least try it for fit and notice the other issues at the time?.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Given the time, I'm going the DIY approach, not paying postage again either.

Not properly looked at it due to having a six month old baby at the time, original stock was sold, on here I think, action was put in hard case, stock remained in box until recently, oh well shouldn't expect anything to be perfect .

You could always try Glass/ pillar bedding!

Given the time, I'm going the DIY approach, not paying postage again either.

Not properly looked at it due to having a six month old baby at the time, original stock was sold, on here I think, action was put in hard case, stock remained in box until recently, oh well shouldn't expect anything to be perfect .
    Mate given the circumstances you describe which are understandable (even though you should have checked at the time), I would without doubt contact custom stocks. If it was just the cosmetic damage they could argue that it was done after it was delivered but they cannot dispute the fact that the fit is very poor indeed by the sounds of things.It just seems a shame not to try and see what they say.

I had a stock off them for an HW80 and the fit was terrible, they were helpful and sorted things for me. I disagree with you in as much as when you pay for something it should be as good as it can be.

Kindest regards

Barrel

PS They paid all my postage costs.

Hi,

Thanks, will give it a go, I've sent them an email, will wait for response.

In last couple of years, bought a new .22 hw99s and a .177 97k, new items and both sounded like a bag of spanners in a washing machine when fired!

Hi,

Thanks, will give it a go, I've sent them an email, will wait for response.

In last couple of years, bought a new .22 hw99s and a .177 97k, new items and both sounded like a bag of spanners in a washing machine when fired!
    Hi mate hope you get things sorted, keep your thread updated and let us know how things go.

Kindest regards

Barrel

Sorry for delay, yes custom stock replied, bit of a slapped wrist for leaving it so long, was given a few DIY bits to try but if it really didn't fit to send it back. Apparently it should sit flush on back shelf of the stock, mine definitely doesn't!

So took the stock off, on my 2017 hw100k there is a ridge across the bottom of the action 29 x 3 X 0.5mm. Now, mine has no inlet in the stock to accommodate it, so there it sits and rocks on this ridge, with approx 2mm movement either end of it. Maybe an omission but a minor, annoying design issue?? Will probably Dremel it out. If I could work out how to attach a picture I would, paints a thousand words and all that, thanks.

Chiselled out a small channel to fit the ridge in, gave it a sand as many rough sawn edges, rifle sits solid now funny old thing.

Hole in foreend has been filled, stained and textured to match stippling, will finish that off too now.

Sorry not good enough on £260 plus new stock.
    Last edited by mattie; 16-08-2018 at 07:30 PM.

I would get a China white marker or similar and mark the ridge on the action, then sit the action into the stock, this should transfer the mark, apologies if this is egg sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by don1971 View Post
    I would get a China white marker or similar and mark the ridge on the action, then sit the action into the stock, this should transfer the mark, apologies if this is egg sucking.
    No worries and thanks, exactly what I did.