Thread: What constitutes a world class course ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    So a course, that may have a few hidden range traps, we are talking HFT here as makes no odds to the knob twiddlers of FT.
    This I find can be done, by placing the target behind a log or rock etc, to give the appearance that it sits on the log or rock, but is in fact way further back.
    Yeah thats the sort of thing I do enjoy being tricked by or using an over or undersized target to make it appear closer or further away.

Those are the ones I love to hate when Im shooting HFT
    Although it makes little difference if Im shooting open sights as my odds go down to 50/50... I'll either miss the plate or I won't

My take on it Marc is that the course would be up to the standard of the previous World Championship courses and competitors. Everything set to true HFT regulations without gimmicks. Every course is clearable if set this way without stupid targets thrown in and this is where the regulations are important. The wind is the course setters best friend.

In practical terms it probably means very little other than that some of the targets require a bit more thought than may appear obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    My take on it Marc is that the course would be up to the standard of the previous World Championship courses and competitors. Everything set to true HFT regulations without gimmicks. Every course is clearable if set this way without stupid targets thrown in and this is where the regulations are important. The wind is the course setters best friend.
    Cannot always order the wind to add an element of difficulty, but plenty provided by the competitors. ld grin:
    So basically a course set out to the rules is a world class course Mick.