As title. I really want to know. I have been a member on here for a long time and have contributed to many shooting related debates as well as having used the sales and wanted sections to buy and sell items to refine my collection to where I want it to be. Recently I have noticed a real reluctance to buy items on here unless the prices are, frankly, at giveaway levels. There are clearly exceptions to this where a particular highly sought after item is offered but in the general run it is really tricky.
What prompts this post is my recent offering of 3 Bushnell Legend scopes and 1 -rare-version of a Nikon scope imported from the USA. I believed that all of my asking prices were at or very near the 'right price bearing in mind their condition and recent sales of similar items. They were intentionally priced 'to go-but they didn't 'go' -on here at any rate. In all cases any communication I received from members either on the sales thread or via email have resulted in either nothing or offers that were just too low. And after that experience I found myself able to sell the items elsewhere at or very near my asking price. This genuinely concerns me as having regarded the bbs as the best place to buy and sell shooting gear I am now fearful that this is no longer the case.
Am I wrong or alone in my views here? I really do try and price everything accurately and rarely stubbornly stick to my asking price if it is unreasonable. Please note that I am not disputing the right of any member to ignore an offering from me but I do have quite a lot of experience in buying and selling on here and feel that I must be getting something badly wrong. To me there is no such thing as a 'silly offer'-there are only two types of offer-acceptable or unacceptable but my recent experiences have led me to think that I have lost my touch.
How do others feel about this?.