Thread: Why is the sales section on here so disappointing at present?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I bought my first PCP off here in 2007 and have bought a lot of rifles, pistols and scopes since. I got a fantastic response in the wanted section last year when I was looking for a Hy-Score. Where else could I get a response from genuine collectors who in can deal with, with little fear that I will get scammed?

I used to check the sales section religiously, several times a day every day! To the extent that previous girlfriends would ask me what the xxx I'm looking at during a meal, party, theatre, wedding, christening etc! My wife has just accepted it, but not at the dinner table.

There has certainly been a drop off in activity which I just put down to free-ads.

Dont think theres any magic place to advertise, things are just slow everywhere. A few things helps selling and thats pricing it to sell, dont be offended by any offer, enjoy the haggle and if you dont post be prepared to meet midway, it may just hook the buyer.

Lets face it, for every so called low offer theres a silly high advertised price, some real hopefull sellers think their stuff is actually worth the price, if priced right it will sell.

When buying I will always make a lower offer as a starting place for a haggle, I do enjoy it plus theres a chance the seller will accept it or at least counter offer and off you go, plus I always collect rifles so I can see it and meet seller.

Ive advertised recently on here, FA and another forum and to be fair this forum is very good for me as a seller, more often than not it gets sold on here

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars