Thread: Why is the sales section on here so disappointing at present?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    And that's EXACTLY what the government wants!!
    Don't give in to our treacherous government, buy the licence if only to roll it up and stick it up your local MP's ass !!!!!
    I will be getting the licence if/when it comes in, but a lot won't. Point is the market will shrink considerably, and demand will go down.

There still a level of uncertainty surrounding the matter, and people won't like it. It's fair to assume that this will affect people's decisions to buy air rifles right now. I don't want to open up another debate about licensing!

Cheers
    Greg

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Personally I don't think the prospect of a licence being introduced outside Scotland is the reason why the sales section on the BBS is as it is at the moment, the If air guns were possibly going to be banned then I would agree but at worst others will have to apply for a licence, the cost of which is not prohibitive for the vast majority of shooters. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with licencing but anyone seriously into shooting air rifles won't not purchase because of this issue, they may however use it as a justification to beat down an advertised price.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I think the biggest problem that comes up in sales threads recently is the lack of suitable delivery options.

So many ads now say "collection only". Whilst I understand the reasons for this and appreciate the sellers right to specify this, it does limit your market if you live in the Highlands for example, or even inner London.

Time is so very precious to most of us that the prospect of wasting a day and a hundred quids worth of fuel makes many sales untenable.

Then there is a lack of effort that so many sellers exhibit, again your choice, but if you can't be arsed to provide a photo, a link or some reasonably sensible request for further information, don't be surprised if you don't get people kicking your door down with unmarked fifties. "Can't post photos" is a cop out, anyone can if you're prepared to put five minutes worth of time in.

When it comes to collectibles, I think there has been a plateaux reached or even a hopefully temporary slump. Giffards are being given away currently compared to the price I bought my first one for.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

its like this.when people buying they want it for peanuts,but when selling want £5 more than shop price,just the way it is i guess.