Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why is the sales section on here so disappointing at present?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    You’re the exception Gareth

One of the good guys, the place is becoming dominated by messers or folk that don’t shoot and treat it as some kind of chat site for halfwits
    Dont have to shoot. I am mainly a collector these days due to my shit eyesight.

Nick,
    I find that sales ebb and flow on here mate. Also more people have moved to other forums and ways of selling stuff like freeads, FB, etc. I also think it’s bad timing with summer hols, no pay rises, etc. Plus issues of postage. It not just airguns, but Ive had damaged scopes arrive via RM and mods go ‘missing’ on transit! It seems the tides are against us
    I thought your scopes were fairly priced and the Nikon was especially interesting! Glad you sold it elsewhere. Don’t let it stop you trying on here though mate ‘cos you’re a trusted member and have nice kit. Shame you’re a lefty lol. And you can never have enough Legends or WTCs
    Atb
    Jon
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

I’m a relatively new vintage collector, and have bought a few items on here and have been very happy.
    Most have been for the going rate, but in great condition and things I’ve been on the lookout for for a while.

It seems to me though that unless you’re in the market for a particular item then you wouldn’t buy it, no matter how fair the price.
    If it was ‘going for a song’ then you might get people who weren’t really after one unable to resist buying it.

It’s just supply and demand, if someone wants it, they’ll buy it.

Doesn’t help that times are bit hard for some at the moment.

Incidentally I’ve collected a few items from members where convenient and have to say it’s always been a pleasure meeting them, and it’s nice know a bit of the items history.

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebbikes View Post
    Agree 100%
    Unless its something rare, people seem to want things for nothing.
    I agree. It is just not this forum, I think it is the problem with air rifle related material in general. I once mentioned that I wanted to sell my S400 .22 Carbine in our club and right away I got told stories about how this guy and that guy were selling theirs with scope for £250.00 and all that. For £250.00 I keep it and just play with it .

A.G

All down to supply and demand. Also, other forums have stricter rules about selling to make it fairer and less likely to be scammed - perhaps sales gave migrated to these venues. Buyers want a bargain for sure, but also have to weigh the risk of buying used against buying new. Poor pictures and descriptions, no posting, etc, etc.

Facebook have banned all gun sales. Kempton is a great venue for sales, though it does tend to be dominated be dealers with minimal numbers of private sellers. Still, for a fiver entrance fee, it is worth a visit even if you don't buy anything.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I agree. It is just not this forum, I think it is the problem with air rifle related material in general. I once mentioned that I wanted to sell my S400 .22 Carbine in our club and right away I got told stories about how this guy and that guy were selling theirs with scope for £250.00 and all that. For £250.00 I keep it and just play with it .

A.G
    To be fair - on the the other side of the coin there are a few comedy prices on here from time to time as well.

Think that sales are all dependant on 2 things, Price and posting...…. if you want to sell it need to price it to sell...….. and you must post.

I am due a clear out of guns that I have built and have doubles off so wil be clearing 30-60 guns over next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    To be fair - on the the other side of the coin there are a few comedy prices on here from time to time as well.
    Yes I agree, realism is a rare commodity.

A.G

I bought my first PCP off here in 2007 and have bought a lot of rifles, pistols and scopes since. I got a fantastic response in the wanted section last year when I was looking for a Hy-Score. Where else could I get a response from genuine collectors who in can deal with, with little fear that I will get scammed?

I used to check the sales section religiously, several times a day every day! To the extent that previous girlfriends would ask me what the xxx I'm looking at during a meal, party, theatre, wedding, christening etc! My wife has just accepted it, but not at the dinner table.

There has certainly been a drop off in activity which I just put down to free-ads.

Dont think theres any magic place to advertise, things are just slow everywhere. A few things helps selling and thats pricing it to sell, dont be offended by any offer, enjoy the haggle and if you dont post be prepared to meet midway, it may just hook the buyer.

Lets face it, for every so called low offer theres a silly high advertised price, some real hopefull sellers think their stuff is actually worth the price, if priced right it will sell.

When buying I will always make a lower offer as a starting place for a haggle, I do enjoy it plus theres a chance the seller will accept it or at least counter offer and off you go, plus I always collect rifles so I can see it and meet seller.

Ive advertised recently on here, FA and another forum and to be fair this forum is very good for me as a seller, more often than not it gets sold on here

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Think that sales are all dependant on 2 things, Price and posting...…. if you want to sell it need to price it to sell...….. and you must post.

I am due a clear out of guns that I have built and have doubles off so wil be clearing 30-60 guns over next few months.
    It will be interesting to see what you are selling in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    It will be interesting to see what you are selling in the near future.
    and the prices 😄

Without reading all five pages..... I have noticed a distinct decline in second hand airgun sales, or at least collectibles, over the last year, perhaps a little over that. Even the auction houses have seen a huge decline. People are just not putting items up for sale it would appear and that’s probably the reason for the decline rather than prices. Otherwise you’d just see lots up for sale that are not moving. I’m seeing the opposite, not many up for sale in the first place.

its been said many times , its people wanting stuff for basically free. ive sold countless rifles over the last 3 years, about 20 id estimate , all on either freeads ,facebook or gunstar , they have all been one here ,and not one has sold as a result of being on here. but the other platforms are just as bad , ive had people low ball me, then we come to a price, they turn up and try for another 20 quid off, then get all pissy when i tell the to leave . im seliing a prosport , tx200 and hw97 , every where except on here , im in no rush and dont need the cash so im flat out ignoring anyone making offers . only want to sell 2 to buy a pcp but like i said, in no hurry at all

one last thing, the people who say " go on mate, knock 40 off as i'll have to collect and pay for fuel " !!! aye them !! they can effff right off! thats your problem, not mine !!! ( rant over lol )