Thread: Shipping a scope from the USA to the UK.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If the vendor ships (and many ebayers do) then that's all you need to care about. It's a stupid law and many ignore it, but it's their business not yours.

Yes at worst you may have to pay VAT and Duty and any handling charge applied in the UK.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    If the vendor ships (and many ebayers do) then that's all you need to care about. It's a stupid law and many ignore it, but it's their business not yours.

Yes at worst you may have to pay VAT and Duty and any handling charge applied in the UK.
    Thanks everyone for some really useful information. I don't uuppose anyone knows at what value dollar wise you start paying duty?. Do you pay VAT regardless of the items value?.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

There are thresholds, look them up, below which it's not worth them charging because presumably the admin costs more.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS