Thread: Fenman identification?

Fenman identification?

Morning all,

I've had this rifle in my cabinet for a number of years now and only recently has it dawned on me that no where on the gun does it say its a Fenman!

So my question is, is it a fenman, and is it a hydeua (?) stock?

.20 cal for those that are interested

Thanks,

https://i.imgur.com/na9LGAA.jpg

You are a lucky chap, that is a 20 cal fenman profile, the holy grail of fenman and to some the holy grail of self contained rifles!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Yes mate fenman profile as the above chap said, in .20 as well Very nice indeed

NO No No don't listen to them members that's not a lovely fenman profile you will be best off chucking in the post to me and will pay the post ----very nice I was after one of these back in the day they were fairly rare then --- I had a femman with the long series mod and regret selling it now

I have the exact same rifle next to me as I type. I have a V-Mach '77 and a Ben Taylor-tuned MFR too but would sell both before the Fenman. Amazing little gun.

That is very nice to have at the back of the cabinet almost forgotten!
    Vortex moderator and Bushnell too, a lovely combo.
    Regards,
    Dave.

I had one of these back in 97, I found it too front heavy and very snappy in .177, it did look awesome, the hyedua was really light in colour, I never saw one again that nice, guess I should have kept it. It was a shit to shoot well, nothing like the .22 with the ambi stock which was almost perfect at the time.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

This thing is an absolute dream to shoot, I've been using it recently on pigeons -shot it for the first time in probably 8-10 years and it was still bang on. Managed 2 shots within half an inch of each other when checking zero.

any idea on the woodwork?

It looks like Hydeua to me, though it's difficult to make out the colour in that shot. Mine is quite 'orange' in colour and has a really stripy effect. I think Theoben did do some profile stocks in Walnut but they had a 'hard' edge around the cutout at the back whereas yours has the rounded edge like mine.