Thread: Air Arms S200, sudden loss of power question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Air Arms S200, sudden loss of power question.

Hi all, This S200 (.22) is fitted with a Huma external regulator and has me puzzled, the pellet probe and cylinder seals have been replaced as they are a 5 minute job and no trouble.
    What happened is this, running at 11.3 ft-lbs and suddenly noticed ,literally one shot to the next, that the sound had altered and sounded 'soft.' checked and it had dropped to 9.2 ft-lbs and varying. Winding the hammer spring up makes no difference, tried new spring, same.
    Any suggestions would be very welcome.
    Many thanks.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Could be muck on the striker pin, the one with the JC circlip. Or bent pin.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Hi Rich thank you, I did check the pin when I replaced the cylinder/block seal, straight, clean and free.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

The regs probably failed.
    Shaun

Was it worth the trouble, Ah, what trouble

Hi, the mystery deepens a lot, I did consider a failed regulator so I took a complete cylinder and reg. off a fully functional S200 which was a known quantity.
    The result was 8 ft-lbs. So that leaves a faulty breach block, internal crack?? and a barrel problem?? The answer is that I don't know, just on the off chance it was low batteries in the chrono put in new ones, OK I was getting desperate and reaching for an answer.
    As I am going round in circles, scratching my head and that hurts, I am going to leave it for a day.
    Thanks all.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Most unlikely to be a cracked block, it's aluminium and not a very hard grade at that.

Oil on the hammer? Transfer port adjuster screw problem? Probe O ring blown off? Broken hammer spring?

If the problem persists with a different cylinder you can rule out the reg and the firing valve.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee