Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro sport f*+% up help

Pro sport f*+% up help

Lads I messed up.
    I hold my hands up,
    I've dived into something not fully understanding what I was doing
    I've got a pro sport that was a bit twangy.
    I tried adding abit of grease to the spring guide (which was a slack fit) and it was just the same.
    So I've made a spring guide on my lathe from delrin.
    What I failed to imagine is how close to being coil bound the gun is with the standard guide fitted.
    I can only imagine because I made a guide slightly thicker to add a touch more preload to the main Spring
    The trigger will not fully engage.
    So now I have a stripped down partially cocked pro sport and no obvious way of unloading the mainspring
    Sometimes with this gun if your not fairly forceful when cocking the safely does not pop out.
    And I have to recock it until the safety pops then It can be fired
    Well I'm at that point but I cannot cock it until the safety pops out probably because of the new guide I made.
    Can the trigger be adjusted to go off in this situation?
    I dare not remove the set screw that holds the trigger on like this for fear of death.
    Please can anyone offer a solution ? I'm out of ideas.
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Grab the gun and ring me on and I'll go through it with you
    Last edited by T 20; 10-08-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Naughty, Nick.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

The gun is locked in a cupboard for tonight
    Could I ring you tomorrow please ?
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    The gun is locked in a cupboard for tonight
    Could I ring you tomorrow please ?
    Yep, it's quick and easy but you have to be careful. It probably isn't coilbound either, I'll go through that too.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, it's quick and easy but you have to be careful. It probably isn't coilbound either, I'll go through that too.
    come on guys....
    ...i've had a sleepless night with gallons of coffee restlessly cat-napping beside my battered PC - doggedly waiting for news.

Put me out of my misery. Any success!?

You can't raise nail-biting stuff like this over the forum and not expect to alleviate the tension with a quick update!!!!

(and it is genuinely always useful to know why stuff happens and how to resolve)

I guess the top hat and guide were a smidge too long. Engaged the anti-beartrap but stopping the piston rod fully cocking

If you take the action out of the stock you can de-cock by depressing the ABT button (whilst holding cocking lever all the way down, then letting up with the ABT pushed in)

Mr tinbum has just talked me through how to decock the gun using the anti bear trap without me losing a thumb !!
    and explained what's caused the issue.
    I would like to say a big thank you to tinbum for taking the time to get me sorted.
    Good man
    Good deals with:

Same happened to me but a just wrapped a big towel around it and pressed down on the floor and let it go .....not as much tension as I thought it was going to be

Mr tinbum has just talked me through how to decock the gun using the anti bear trap without me losing a thumb !!
    and explained what's caused the issue.
    I would like to say a big thank you to tinbum for taking the time to get me sorted.
    Good man
    Top guy is Tinbum.

Nick helped me sort my ps with this exact problem earlier this year. Top Man tinbum 😊

Quote Originally Posted by rlancast View Post
    Nick helped me sort my ps with this exact problem earlier this year. Top Man tinbum 😊
    So, pray, what was the solution?
    It would be nice to record it here so that any other person suffering the same ill and doing a search will find the remedy?

Cheers, Phil

Thanks Dave, it was a good to talk to you.

Phil, it was the flange on the rear guide causing the issue, and the use of the little known abt button that fixed it.

Right bit of an update.
    I reduced the depth of the flange on the guide where it sits against the trigger block from 4.5 MM. To 3mm
    As suggested by tinbum
    I haven't fitted any preload to the mainspring until I've tested the power.
    The gun cocks and fires much nicer than it did the twang as gone.
    I put 20 pellets through the gun last night not once did the safety catch engage.
    I'm aware pro sports can need some extra force to engage the safety
    In the past if the safety didn't engage the gun wouldn't fire and it had to be re cocked.
    But now it does fire.
    Any ideas?
    Good deals with:

Right bit of an update.
    I reduced the depth of the flange on the guide where it sits against the trigger block from 4.5 MM. To 3mm
    As suggested by tinbum
    I haven't fitted any preload to the mainspring until I've tested the power.
    The gun cocks and fires much nicer than it did the twang as gone.
    I put 20 pellets through the gun last night not once did the safety catch engage.
    I'm aware pro sports can need some extra force to engage the safety
    In the past if the safety didn't engage the gun wouldn't fire and it had to be re cocked.
    But now it does fire.
    Any ideas?
    It sounds like the piston isn't coming back quite far enough. Again this could be the flange, maybe take it to 2.9mm to be sure?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It sounds like the piston isn't coming back quite far enough. Again this could be the flange, maybe take it to 2.9mm to be sure?
    I was very interested to read Tinbum's explanation of the solution as I had the same a few years ago and failed to find a definitive explanation 'on the web'.
    I also found the cause was the thickness of the flange on the guide ... I think I had made a guide with a 3mm flange but the problem persisted so I reduced it to 2.8mm and all was well.
    You also need to ensure that the guide is not bottoming out on the top hat due to too long a guide.

Incidentally I seem to remember the same can cause the need to yank for the TX200.

Cheers, Phil