Thread: Has any one got an idea why airguns only get a low value compensation via parcelforce

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Has any one got an idea why airguns only get a low value compensation via parcelforce

As above .

I sent a Theoben Evolution to Smoking from this forum on saturday and it's still not arrived to him despite it being a 48 hour service.

The reason it has not got there is due to a parcel of paint bursting and covering loads of parcels waiting to be delivered. It wont be out for delivery until monday at the earliest now.

They have had to open the parcels to check for damages. I had packed it with offcuts of laminate flooring to protect the stock . Now if they have repacked it and not the same way I did and it gets damaged should they up the compensation as they have opened it and repacked it and if packed differently then it was not packed as I did.

I have asked Smoking to send me pics of the way it was packed and if there is damage then I will claim for it.

I would also like to thank smoking for understanding why it has taken so long to get there.

£100 is a poor value and there is not an option to pay more to up the compensation limit .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    just a guess - 'cos they don't really want to carry them, so just make it the base level of compensation they offer (so as not to appear obviously discrimanatory)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    just a guess - 'cos they don't really want to carry them, so just make it the base level of compensation they offer (so as not to appear obviously discrimanatory)
    My thoughts exactly . yet you can send just about anything and possibly up the limit ?

Yep just their way of showing they'd rather not carry them at all.

Not so long ago there was consideration as to whether they would carry guns or even associated parts.
    thank god that seems to have blown over
    B.A.S.C. member

48 hours delivery is something that they aspire to but often fail to achieve.

Up to ten days in the recent past,it makes a mockery of the title parcelforce48.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    48 hours delivery is something that they aspire to but often fail to achieve.
    When I bought it ,it was only coming 100 or so miles to me but it had to go to coventry first them back up here . It took 5 days .

I would not be surprised if it passed my house on the way to coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Sorry, but that's complete & utter rubbish,

Go to the list of items that are excluded from extra compensation & it's probably longer than the items that are entitled to the extra

It's just that 99.9% of people have never bothered to check the rules.

Oh and the rule is not entitled to extra cover, so what you get is the basic level of compensation according to the service you pay for,
    so PF48 is £100, so is PF24, but PF 9-10 & AM are £200, RMSD by 1pm is £500, yet RMSD by 9am is only £50, standard 1st class is £20 but 1st signed for is £50.
    Last edited by angrybear; 11-08-2018 at 09:14 PM.