Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod question

Mod question

what do the members think is the best quietist mod on the market that is not silly money for air-rifle use and not over long as I will be putting it on a short gun and im wanting to keep it a compact as possible --is there any members making anything? --thanks in advance --

Had/have...

...AWTs on my Rapids and wouldn't have anything else. That said I really don't think you can beat a HW.
    Pardon?

I suppose it depends on the rifle you want to put it on,,, (you haven't said)

I have a back venting Huub shroud on my BSA Scorpion and its so quiet you can only hear the pellet impact, (it adds about 3-4 inches or less than 100mm for you young folks)
    but that wouldn't work on a spring gun.. so shroud aside probably the HW mod seems to be the one most folks crow about

Bang...

...for your buck (sic) the HW is hard to beat but in my preferred format does need a threaded barrel and does add length.
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Anybody View Post
    I suppose it depends on the rifle you want to put it on,,, (you haven't said)

I have a back venting Huub shroud on my BSA Scorpion and its so quiet you can only hear the pellet impact, (it adds about 3-4 inches or less than 100mm for you young folks)
    but that wouldn't work on a spring gun.. so shroud aside probably the HW mod seems to be the one most folks crow about
    Its going to be used on a kral np o2 its a short gun so I was hoping to keep to short

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Its going to be used on a kral np o2 its a short gun so I was hoping to keep to short
    Thats a smart wee gun, I can see why you'd definitely want to keep it small as possible.
    Id say a back venting shroud is out due to the barrel band, so you're defo looking at a screw on like the HW.
    Ive read some good comments on the swift stumpy too, and I don't think its anywhere near as long as the HW's 6 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Have a look at the Swift Modular - you can add or remove as many sections as needed until you get the balance that you like between length and sound.

All of the above.

Another vote for the Swift.

The Huggett Belita does a fair job and looks good.

The Shooting Party do one called a Shorty but I havent seen/heard it in use.

Swift
    Swift Stumpy
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Another one here for the Swift Stumpy. I have a Belita too and the Swift is much quieter. The normal Stumpy is quieter than the modular version. I had both and sold the modular one as the difference was quite noticeable.

Thanks for info and feedback looks like I will try and get hold of the swift stumpy ----I will post something about the performance soon as I get everything sorted guns ordered but are on back order up to three weeks wait

I make a variety of moderators from slim 25mm diameter 140mm long ones to 220mm 35mm diameter reflex back vented silencers and including a swift stumpy clone that I have tried (30mm by 140mm) on my raider that is quite good. Suppression is largely about silencer volume so more compact ones are generally not as quiet as larger ones. I do not rate the Belita even given its small size.

To reduce the impact on overall length reflex silencers can help. Again, generally, a reflex silencer will be quieter than a non-reflex standard type that extends the same distance in front of the muzzle but will not be as quiet as a silencer of the same length that is all in front of the muzzle (hope that makes sense!).

Making something as effective as an HW is not too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I make a variety of moderators from slim 25mm diameter 140mm long ones to 220mm 35mm diameter reflex back vented silencers and including a swift stumpy clone that I have tried (30mm by 140mm) on my raider that is quite good. Suppression is largely about silencer volume so more compact ones are generally not as quiet as larger ones. I do not rate the Belita even given its small size.

To reduce the impact on overall length reflex silencers can help. Again, generally, a reflex silencer will be quieter than a non-reflex standard type that extends the same distance in front of the muzzle but will not be as quiet as a silencer of the same length that is all in front of the muzzle (hope that makes sense!).

Making something as effective as an HW is not too difficult.
    Hope you don't mind in me asking but do you also make them to sell, I don't use a mod on my air ranger at moment only because I've not really used it as my main gun, I ain't really used it much at all but lately I've started to use it and thinking of getting a reflex mod for it to keep the length down a bit.

Reflex mods and air rifles seems to be a rare combination
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hope you don't mind in me asking but do you also make them to sell, I don't use a mod on my air ranger at moment only because I've not really used it as my main gun, I ain't really used it much at all but lately I've started to use it and thinking of getting a reflex mod for it to keep the length down a bit.
    PM me and I'll see if I can help

cheers

Frog