Thread: Found a 22 pellet that fills up the prewar larger barrels

Found a 22 pellet that fills up the prewar larger barrels

Don’t laugh but been trying many pellets to try to match those larger 22 prewar barrels. Best has been as many have said JSB Superdomes. Tried some Gamo Match Diablos 15.43 grains really fill the barrel. Works with Haenel 28 and BSA Standard. Not as well made but the key with the Haenel 28 is filling up that barrel and fulling engaging the rifling.

I have a few tins of Gamo Match in .177, which I bought to use in a Gamo Compact pistol. Trouble with them is the huge variation in size, even in a single tin. Some shoot OK, some are so tight they won't fire, and some are in between. Maybe you'll have more luck in .22.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    defiant vintage 5.6
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    defiant vintage 5.6
    Nor much help to a guy in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    I have a few tins of Gamo Match in .177, which I bought to use in a Gamo Compact pistol. Trouble with them is the huge variation in size, even in a single tin. Some shoot OK, some are so tight they won't fire, and some are in between. Maybe you'll have more luck in .22.
    I agree with some inconsistencies in 22’s but not awful, but no solution is perfect and in a Pistol, your ranges are pretty confined. At least they all seem to fill the barrel?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Nor much help to a guy in the US?
    I was thinking you could get someone to bring you back some... it's worth a bit of hassle
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Was made aware by a friend of mine H&N made the FTT in 5,55 and ordered some to try.
    They do a VERY good job in my early BSA's and another friend uses them in his Webley pistols with great result.

====================
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Was made aware by a friend of mine H&N made the FTT in 5,55 and ordered some to try.
    They do a VERY good job in my early BSA's and another friend uses them in his Webley pistols with great result.

====================
    Frank
    Oh,That's good to know.

Thanks.

Anyone else given these a spin down an old 5.56 barrel?