Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite classic looking springer old or new?

[QUOTE=Muskett;7549532]I'm with you there I.J.

For pure elegance of line then the Sport wins, but it isn't the best air rifle, mainly because of its indifferent trigger.
    The Original 45 was so nearly there if they had have just gone one step further with the wood and checkering to finish it off, but they never did.
    A 12ft/lbs rifle really shouldn't be when scoped over 8lbs in weight, well not for a sporting rifle. Annoyingly anything that is reasonably easy to shoot
    They did. They put the 45 in a modified 35 Super stock with sizeable checkpiece and that pressed checkering.
    They also chequered the regular stock for the some, but not all US market 45s.

[QUOTE=Big Seth;7549553]
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    I'm with you there I.J.

The Original 45 was so nearly there if they had have just gone one step further with the wood and checkering to finish it off,

The 045 trigger is far worse than the FWB
    Must be down to personal tastes. Having shot both guns I would put the 45 trigger way ahead of the Sport.
    But there-I rarely if ever tinker with triggers so maybe I'm not the best to comment. But as a hunting trigger the 45's breaks cleanly. I've hunted with the Sport too and its quarry has been just as dead as that of the 45's, and its a very capable hunting tool.
    Both are put in the shade by the Rekord, but personally the 45 edges the Sport trigger wise to me.
    Dave

As above, my 45's trigger is way better than any of my Sports; still not a Rekord though.

I haven't seen a 45 all done up, and the Original stamped checkering wasn't nice at all. If you search for both Sport and 45 custom stocks then some are sublime. But we are talking factory here, mass produced factory. Beeman and the US market did get some prime products, also the full range of power levels. Not everyone wanted max power, really depended on your backyard/garage.

The BSF 70 Deluxe was a fine rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post

The BSF 70 Deluxe was a fine rifle.
    Let down once again by an indifferent trigger - or have we all been spoilt with the superb Rekord unit (and its copies ) ?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hell, come on you BSA supporters, we are losing the debate here. Those 45's look absolutely ugly with that light coloured slab stock - and I have one that is absolutely immaculate, but so ugly, so ugly......

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Those 45's look absolutely ugly with that light coloured slab stock - and I have one that is absolutely immaculate, but so ugly, so ugly......
    What I meant in the OP when I said classic looking springer was tradisional classic looking that why I said perhaps the prosport might not come out on top like it usually does when we talk about looks but I forgot about the airsporter lol.

Anyway on the subject of the Diana 45 looks they did do a bit fancier stock and it also beat the 127 in the breech lock up and barrel hinge area

Also the mod 38 and anniversary mod are proper tradisional looking factory springers

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Hell, come on you BSA supporters, we are losing the debate here. Those 45's look absolutely ugly with that light coloured slab stock - and I have one that is absolutely immaculate, but so ugly, so ugly......
    Totally agree but unfortunately everyone has their own twisted likes, I could quite easily jump on every thread that says the HW35 is pretty, however nice the stock wood is, the stock is still ugly but they still have people who love them "like only a mother could", like you say the 45 has to be up there with the 35 for ugliness.

I think it's about time BSA brought the Airsporter back.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Also the mod 38 and anniversary mod are proper tradisional looking factory springers

Hell yeah!

And they're German (something's not right there)

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I think it's about time BSA brought the Airsporter back
    I'd love to see an updated Airsporter RB2 in a nice minelli stock sporting the curved backblock
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Again I think we are wandering away from the original ( ) post. The Original 45 and even more so the RWS 45 look like they have been designed by someone who only had a rule. Yes, they are great guns, especially in .20 but looks wise? It looks like they were made from the ugly tree. The early Original 50 were good looking but difficult to work on and low on power (NOT that Im power mongering. )

Good thread this.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    'Made from the ugly tree'

(Surely reserved for Relums? )
    (most Pcp's would qualify for the ugly title too )

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Had a quick flick through the thread and no one has mentioned the HW55T yet and though not my favourite I think deserves a mention. Like Pete "Look no hands" though, Mark 2 Mercury S, and Airsporter S plus Diana 34 centenary epitomise a classic springer IMO. (I also like HW35 Luxus and E varients, sorry Pete!!)
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Maybe we need a new thread on the ugliest springer ever?

Setting Relums aside, almost any current catalogue of lower-priced (and some higher priced) air rifles suggests that the thread would be very long. (Even without opening it up to PCPs. Some of the “tactical” offerings possibly beat the “testicle stock” Black Fox for ugliness.)

BSA gold star..

[QUOTE=Airsporterman;7549901]'Made from the ugly tree'

(Surely reserved for Relums? )
    /QUOTE]

I resisted the urge to mention Relums ......and dont call me Shirley.