Thread: HW70 repair advice please

HW70 repair advice please

Hi,

I've got a HW70 pistol I bought many years ago which has a problem that when I close it after cocking, the thing discharges!

Obviously something is worn somewhere or (perhaps something needs adjustment?). Would anyone be kind enough to suggest likely culprits?

I found this link to spares, if it's any help in suggesting which parts needs replacing.

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24569/HW70/

Many thanks

Alan C

Quote Originally Posted by Alchad View Post
    Hi,

I've got a HW70 pistol I bought many years ago which has a problem that when I close it after cocking, the thing discharges!

Obviously something is worn somewhere or (perhaps something needs adjustment?). Would anyone be kind enough to suggest likely culprits?

I found this link to spares, if it's any help in suggesting which parts needs replacing.

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24569/HW70/

Many thanks

Alan C
    Have you tried turning the trigger adjustment screw (B1510) anti-clockwise? It directly controls sear engagement and may have worked itself into an unsafe condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Have you tried turning the trigger adjustment screw (B1510) anti-clockwise? It directly controls sear engagement and may have worked itself into an unsafe condition.
    I haven't, but I will. Thanks.

Just tried - has no effect.

Alan C

In which case, you’ll have to take it apart. Likely culprits could be that the sear (SR140) has worn, or that the trigger spring (CS560) has broken or moved somewhere it shouldn’t. There is also the possibility that, in storage, lubricant has moved around and hardened, causing it to malfunction.

I think with these that if you just take the grip off, you should be able to see those items. Pulling the trigger on an uncocked gun should show you how they operate and if anything is amiss.