Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another question related to selling, travelling !!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I've done Norwich - Bridgend for a deal.
    Nice day out with the missus and the security of a good deal done in person.

Admittedly, sometimes it's not worth it - but hey ho, that's just the way it goes sometimes - no point moaning about it

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I agree with the O.P. - worth travelling the distance to get the rifle you want - especially if it's a rarer model.
    I always thought I would have to travel the length of the country to get an Airsporter Centenary, due to the high cost of these rifles and my distrust of parcel delivery and all it entails.
    Then a decent one came up for sale at a decent price - within walking distance of where I lived!!!

But yes - make a day of it and be prepared to travel - good plan!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

I have a couple of Air rifles I would like to sell, although travelling to deliver them is a big no-no for me. I am a recent graduate without a car, and taking two full sized rifles onto public transport is asking for trouble. I had enough hassle when I was caught on a bus with a tin of pellets in my bag, I cant imagine the grief it'll bring with the weapons themselves.

Well first check out the rules for your public transport, a lot of companies prohibit carrying firearms anyway, others might with advance permission.

Second I wouldn't expect the seller to be the one traveling meeting half way doesn't really work for either party because while you can look, you can't test shoot in the M-way services

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    I have a couple of Air rifles I would like to sell, although travelling to deliver them is a big no-no for me. I am a recent graduate without a car, and taking two full sized rifles onto public transport is asking for trouble. I had enough hassle when I was caught on a bus with a tin of pellets in my bag, I cant imagine the grief it'll bring with the weapons themselves.
    Only to ask, Did they search your bag to find the pellets , Just wondering how they come to find them in your bag,

Travelling to buy would be ok for me , I wouldn't travel to far to sell, If someone knows you've travelled a good distance the chances are they will start haggling the price down, Just some Buggers out there who will try it on, If selling from here I don't think that will happen, lot of good ones on here plus you have the previous posts etc to go by,
    About 150 miles would be ok for me to travel which I have done a number of times , Also went on my motorcycle once to pick up a mk1 hw80. Turned out a nice day apart from nearly loosing the gun on way back home.

So far I've only travelled to buy both my ISP Spartans and all after that have been posted and been pleased with them all
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Only to ask, Did they search your bag to find the pellets , Just wondering how they come to find them in your bag,
    My bag was full to the brim and my wallet was at the bottom. I had to take some stuff out to get to my money to pay the fair and the driver had some protests. He eventually let me on with some convincing, but as far as I'm aware there's nothing wrong with taking them by law. It's the same as carrying a box of nails or thumb tacs.

I got the impression he was just against the idea of hunting, because it was only after I said I used them for target shooting that he changed his tone.

Thumbs up

I've met some top blokes by traveling for a deal.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I've met some top blokes by traveling for a deal.
    Yes ... agreed. Several years ago we travelled Cambridge to Chester on a Sunday ... agreed time of arrival mid morning. Duly arrived but the person had to get up to open the door to us .. too heavy a night before. Good deal made while the person had breakfast and we had coffee. What memories.
    Cheers, Phil

Well, I practice what I preach!

I just got back from a round trip of Cardiff to Manchester to buy a mint Rapid MkI. I rang the seller at 7.15pm this evening, and the gun looked and sounded so good I was on my way by 7.30pm, just got back now at 3.30am

Was it worth the 8 hour impulse drive, HELL YES, the gun is a once in a life time awesome piece of kit, I can't believe my luck

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Horses for courses. I do a bit of each, but normally prefer posted. Twenty quid and parcelforce do it. You don't get far for twenty quid these days. I've only ever had one gun damaged by them and I'd say that was poor packaging really.

Whilst I do have a lot of spare time, I'd rather not spend hours driving in the UK if I can avoid it.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Red face

Exactly a week ago I was offered a good condition Daystate Harrier (On facebook) for £120 but it was a 95 mile drive, I was all set to go but then realised it was like driving to work 11 times, I contacted the chap and told him I wasn't coming!!

Did I say I hate driving???

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

This seller would not post it, so I had no option and there was a queue of people chomping at the bit to buy it if I'd get in my car!
    If I'd had not gone, I'd not have a Mint Rapid on my table this morning, but now I have

Travelling

My first ever PCP a huntsman came from kirkcaldy opposite Edinburgh. A 400 mile round trip, it was worth it though. The owner gave me lots of other shooting stuff as well including a bottle. I ended up with approx a grand's worth of stuff for £400 quid. It was a nice drive as well. If you really want it you will make the effort to get it.
    Last edited by keithy; 25-08-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    mk2 rapid.22