Thread: Another question related to selling, travelling !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a couple of Air rifles I would like to sell, although travelling to deliver them is a big no-no for me. I am a recent graduate without a car, and taking two full sized rifles onto public transport is asking for trouble. I had enough hassle when I was caught on a bus with a tin of pellets in my bag, I cant imagine the grief it'll bring with the weapons themselves.

Well first check out the rules for your public transport, a lot of companies prohibit carrying firearms anyway, others might with advance permission.

Second I wouldn't expect the seller to be the one traveling meeting half way doesn't really work for either party because while you can look, you can't test shoot in the M-way services

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    I have a couple of Air rifles I would like to sell, although travelling to deliver them is a big no-no for me. I am a recent graduate without a car, and taking two full sized rifles onto public transport is asking for trouble. I had enough hassle when I was caught on a bus with a tin of pellets in my bag, I cant imagine the grief it'll bring with the weapons themselves.
    Only to ask, Did they search your bag to find the pellets , Just wondering how they come to find them in your bag,

Travelling to buy would be ok for me , I wouldn't travel to far to sell, If someone knows you've travelled a good distance the chances are they will start haggling the price down, Just some Buggers out there who will try it on, If selling from here I don't think that will happen, lot of good ones on here plus you have the previous posts etc to go by,
    About 150 miles would be ok for me to travel which I have done a number of times , Also went on my motorcycle once to pick up a mk1 hw80. Turned out a nice day apart from nearly loosing the gun on way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Only to ask, Did they search your bag to find the pellets , Just wondering how they come to find them in your bag,
    My bag was full to the brim and my wallet was at the bottom. I had to take some stuff out to get to my money to pay the fair and the driver had some protests. He eventually let me on with some convincing, but as far as I'm aware there's nothing wrong with taking them by law. It's the same as carrying a box of nails or thumb tacs.

I got the impression he was just against the idea of hunting, because it was only after I said I used them for target shooting that he changed his tone.