Thread: Posting air guns to Netherlands

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Posting air guns to Netherlands

Hi,wanting to send a vintage rifle and pistol to my friend in the Netherlands. Does anyone have any experience of doing so please? Recommended service? I am sure that parcelforce will take them, but on trying to book via parcels2go website it comes up as prohibited item, my suspicion being that I would have to book in person at PO. cheers, Paul.
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

hi paul, i sent 1 to the netherlands but got the buyer to have it picked up. u p s picked up from my house tuesday he had it thursday. atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by watchsapart View Post
    Hi,wanting to send a vintage rifle and pistol to my friend in the Netherlands. Does anyone have any experience of doing so please? Recommended service? I am sure that parcelforce will take them, but on trying to book via parcels2go website it comes up as prohibited item, my suspicion being that I would have to book in person at PO. cheers, Paul.
    From parcel force's prohibited list

Item

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available
    UK

Yes
    International

No

booking it at the post office is a NO .

Two separate issues here;
    1/.
    The easy one is Parcel2go have their own rules which prohibit guns full stop . They also have different compensation levels, so PF48 basic compensation of £100 drops to only £25 if you buy PF48 cheap via P2G, It also states in RM & PF rules that legal guns for sporting use MUST be posted at a Post Office, so you cannot use a sub-contractor delivery firm.
    UK post is allowed, international post is not, it's in the leaflet READ THE SMALL PRINT PEOPLE !
    2/.
    Strictly speaking I think you need an export licence to send any "firearm" outside the UK, if the buyer has it collected as above it's up to them to sort the legal paperwork.

Always nip down to Harwich, overnight to the Hook and have a weekend away
    Pity that it's now & not last month, a friend was over from Rotterdam (he dropped a rifle off while he was here, so had room for one on return)

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Strictly speaking I think you need an export licence to send any "firearm" outside the UK, if the buyer has it collected as above it's up to them to sort the legal paperwork.
    You only need an export licence for FAC guns.

The problem is finding a carrier, it's nothing to do with legality but carriers like the easy life - guns would be 0.0001% of their business, so with or without, they don't care - too much hassle for them to check whether a gun is a low powered air pistol legally owned and posted, or an illegal firearm.

The regulations at the other end are the receiver's business, as you say, whether picked up, delivered, or whatever - he is the "importer".
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS