Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumours about A&M cylinders

Rumours about A&M cylinders

There is a thread going on FB ( Weirauch HW100 ) that some people are claiming they know of people whose A&M cylinders have exploded.
    This is a very serious charge. A&M seem to be a very respectable company and I think that if these rumors were true they would have either been out of the business by now or would have stopped making these cylinders.
    Does anyone know of any A&M cylinder that have exploded for sure? I am not interested in hearsay or I heard down the pub sort of thing. If these rumors are true then these cylinders must be taken out of circulation and destroyed. If not then someone is muddying the water.

A.G

I doubt that the claims are true mate.

I saw something similar around a year ago.

If the truth be told, it's probably just some Facebook pillock that's over filled his cylinder and caused the o-ring thingy to burst, as it's designed to.

I had an A&M cylinder on my old KT and, I've just put one on my standard length 100 - I think they're excellent bits of kit.

All of the above.

i have 2of his cylinders, had them for years never had a problem with them, if i need another i will get one,quality item and great people to deal with. like said above people talking crap.

As I remember one early one failed (in a bed if i remember right ) and as happens with forums lads know the people because they've read on the forums then his mate knows a lad and so on , not a big fan of A&M myself but had one there cylinders with no probs sure it would be documented on this forum if you searched

My Theoben E Type has an A&M cylinder fitted, haven't used it since I bougt it but previous owner spoke highly of it

got one older one and despite the fact that the previous owner screwed a way too long front stock screw too deep in and marking the cylinder on the side: it is still fine.
    I have already tested it by overfilling it to over 200bar

for £80 it OK for what it is.
    P.S. no it did not start leaking
    Last edited by krisko; 07-05-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Some of the rumours are started by certain people who are developing a rival product.
    I've had several and not had a single problem. Also, as said, they are designed to blow an o ring if overfilled.

Chris

You get all kinds of nonsense spouted on the web, has anyone seen any proof of one of these cylinders exploding or is it just some knob who hasn't got one doing the everything I don't have is crap routine?

Like others said, malicious rumour, suggest you deal direct with the company and show your 'hearsay' evidence.

I personally have found that A&M have only provided me with the highest standard of service over the years and take great pride in this.

Would recommend them as one of if not the best certified gunsmith in the country.

And unlike the rumour mongerers I clearly publish my name without using a cover name!

How about providing a 'link' to this post that's saying this, or is that a rumour to?
    Last edited by Pete_Shearer; 07-05-2017 at 04:47 PM.

I have an A & M KT cylinder and so far so good. No one seem to have offered any evidence as names or photographs so it may just be nonesense being spouted out but as always with pressurised cylinders it pays to be extremely careful.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_Shearer View Post
    How about providing a 'link' to this post that's saying this, or is that a rumour to?
    Ali's a good 'un mate - he's not one to start cobblers.

In fact, I think he's got A&M kit fitted to his rifle.

Edit: Oops, Ali posted while I was typing

All of the above.

Think the newer ones are diffrent to the older ones too the older ones were made like air arms cylinders to give way at the end cap over a certain fill. The story of exploding cylinders came from this I believe. Although still don't agree with A&Ms practise of adding quick fills to buddy bottle bases although still to hear of any one actually been injured or killed by one

secretagentmole Guest
    There was an injury caused by an aftermarket cylinder exploding on an HW100, it is what took GinB out! However it was not an A&M cylinder.

The A&M cylinder does not have a valve in it, so if there is a trigger mechanism failure removing it from the gun could prove a tad interesting. Also fitting one to a brand new HW100 will invalidate the HW warranty, so if the 100 does fail in the warranty period and you cannot get the cylinder off, your warranty is null, void, bogged up the wall.

However never heard of it happening, people who have them seem to like them, supposed to transform the gun but to be honest I never had a problem with the weight of the HW100 rifle anyway!

I've had no problems with my A&M cylinder in over two years of use, and I've not seen any evidence of failures. If anyone has evidence, I'd be as keen as anyone to know about it but I did a fair bit of homework before buying the cylinder in the first place and found nothing.

As to getting it off with a full fill, not something I'd want to do every day, but I had to do it once to someone else's gun, and it wasn't a problem.

Alan

It would appear I am having an episode of what is commonly called 'deja vu' .... I could swear blind this thread was posted some time ago word for word and yet it states it was started today
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/